HD-600 cable to long
Nov 5, 2002 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TimS

Head-Fier
My amp sits next to my monitor on the desk, so there's about 1.5m between me and my headphone jack. At the moment I rolled up my stock cable and tied it together so it doesn't always fall on the ground and I trip over it or something. Does this cause some sort of sound quality reduction due to some induction forces or so ? I would also purchase a custom cable, but it would have to be cheap / available in Germany and needs to terminate in a mini jack for my Corda. Sugegstions ?

Thanks,
Tim

Nov 5, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 7
Tim...

...you can shorten it to the length you need – you just have to buy a new plug. I've done this too (I can't remember if the sound has improved that way) before I've made my own cable.

If you're interested to do the same: use the Sennheiser earpiece plugs and 3-4 cm of the stock cable on it, then 300 or 400 0.028 mm (diameter) magnet wires (= lacquer isolated copper wires) per conductor (x4), pack the single conductor lines in some (thin) elastic adhesive tape and coat the whole with a heat shrink tubing...

Or simplier: find a suitable (good sounding) existing cable and solder it onto the Sennheiser plugs.

Nov 5, 2002 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 7
TimS
HI: I just got new cans with a long cable and used a twist tie to shorten it and it don't mess up the sound. Tie the cable near the plug so it don't fall around.

Nov 6, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 7
HeadRoom has this ->

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...tID=0050080005

Could be what you're looking for...

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 7
I just tied up my cable near the plug and I couldn't notice any difference in sound, good.

I really don't want to make my own cable. This actually wouldn't be a big issue for be, BUT I can't buy these special Senneheiser headphone connectors and I don't want to destroy my original ones.

I can't order anything from Headroom cause I ain't got a credit card. Also 1m would be a bit short 1.5-2m is required. I think the stock cable is about twice as long.

Is there any european company that ships replacement cables ?

Thanks,
Tim

Nov 6, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 7
TimS, sorry, I overlooked the length you stated. And I didn't take into account your location.

Old Pa, cable stretcher, now that's funny
biggrin.gif
Probably because it's true...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back