HD-598 - Right ear quiet after getting bonked! What's my next move?
Dec 11, 2015 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Davefoxx

New Head-Fier
So my headphones took a bit of a short fall, I can't imagine the driver would've broken in some way, same goes for the wires, but something's wrong with them.

I dismantled them to some extent, and I cannot determine what the problem might be. I can only assume something happened to the driver, because I can't really get a good look in there, and the wires seem unharmed, and I doubt they'd be damaged from a fall.

The main issue is that the right ear, while it still produces sound, it's noticeably lacking those bassier sounds. They're about three years old now, they're quite worn from pretty much extended every day gaming use, and I'm not sure what my next step should be. Maybe it's a sign for me to buy some new crap? Or maybe to be more careful of where I place my cans in the future.

In any case, my options are to go through the $85 repair process, buy a new pair for $140, or continue to try and fix them myself. Anyone have experience with Sennheiser USA support? Should I bother? Or is anyone here familiar with them enough to help me troubleshoot? Or maybe I should just buy a new mint pair for Christmas? Orrrrr maybe somebody has a better recommendation for a new pair of cans that I should buy? I very much like(d) my 598's, but maybe someone had a better experience after switching to something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back