hd 598 or avi nation
Nov 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

forfreebut

New Head-Fier
hey guys i want to get a very good looking white headphone and i think these two are the best for my taste but i cant decide which one is more efficent both about the sound and the isolation. thanks a lot

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 14
The hd598 offers NO  isolation by design.
Most people would prefer Sennheiser to Skullcandy (even if the the aviators are said to be decent) for the SQ.
If you want isolation, look for closed  headphones.
If you want nice design, then ok , go with your skullcandy (but the v-moda crossfade look nice too).

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 14
For portable use , you might consider IEMs, or regular earbuds (I  love the k317, and they are cheap).
Unfortunately if you want absolutely "very good looking white headphone" , you are restricting too much your choices. There are the beats pro , but they are bashed here .

Nov 25, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 14
i also dont like the look of beats pros. actually im looking for a white old fashioned headphone but all i can find are these two. sennhesier is not old fashion offcourse but its pretty cool thogh :)

Nov 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 14
But the hd598 is very bad for portable use, unless you want everyone to know what you are listening.
Forget the white, or paint the headphones yourself.

If you could try the k317 earbuds, perhaps you wouldn't bother with the most expensive options (and they are white & red).  I  like them better than my senn IE7.  They have a flaw of being too big for some ears.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
never buy skullcandy go sennheiser there worst pair is better then the most expensive skull candy

I take it you've spent some time with an Aviator?

Aviators are actually decent headphones. Don't let brand loyalty, and brand sneering, deter someone from a headphone that is decent. Sennheiser has some real bad headphones you know.

Very best,

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 14
I understand where you are coming from but in my opinion skull candy headphones are mostly all looks i have had two pairs both broke. Where as all the sennheiser phones i have had are amazing.

But if you like the sound of the aviators go with them but in my opinon hd 589 are the best pick and according to this website they are ranked # 18th over all.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
in my opinon hd 589 are the best pick and according to this website they are ranked # 18th over all.

But absolutely worthless for portable use, which is what the OP wants them for.  The Aviators are supposed to be the best of the Skullcandy line-up, so long as you like bass.  Apart from them, there's not much in the way of stylish headphones for under $200.  The VModa M-80s might fit the bill, but they aren't exactly "vintage" styled.  You could also take a look at some of the Ultrasones (I believe the 580 and 750 are under $200).  They aren't the most stylish headphones out there, but I think they look ok.  Other popular recommendations include the HD25-1 II, Shure 840, and ATH M50.  None of those are particularly stylish though.

Oh, and none of these are white either.  Missed that in the OP.  The Ultrasones are silver though, and it might be worth calling VModa to ask if you can special order white plates for the M-80s.

Edit: The only other white headphones I can can think of off the top of my head are the AKG K701/702 (open and difficult to drive, so not very portable) and some of the lower end (sub-$100) portables like the Sennheiser PX series.

May 23, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

But absolutely worthless for portable use, which is what the OP wants them for.  The Aviators are supposed to be the best of the Skullcandy line-up, so long as you like bass.  Apart from them, there's not much in the way of stylish headphones for under $200.  The VModa M-80s might fit the bill, but they aren't exactly "vintage" styled.  You could also take a look at some of the Ultrasones (I believe the 580 and 750 are under $200).  They aren't the most stylish headphones out there, but I think they look ok.  Other popular recommendations include the HD25-1 II, Shure 840, and ATH M50.  None of those are particularly stylish though.

Oh, and none of these are white either.  Missed that in the OP.  The Ultrasones are silver though, and it might be worth calling VModa to ask if you can special order white plates for the M-80s.

Edit: The only other white headphones I can can think of off the top of my head are the AKG K701/702 (open and difficult to drive, so not very portable) and some of the lower end (sub-$100) portables like the Sennheiser PX series.

The ATH-M50 comes in white.  It looks very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back