HD-580s came in
Jul 14, 2006 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
MY HD-580s arrived at my house like 2 days ago... I'm so happy, I ordered them from amazon seeing how no one here had any to sell...

They are being burned in right now

pictures:

This will be my last headphone purchase...

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 16
Congratulations Oistrakh, on your new HD 580's! I am very happy with these cans and I believe so will you!

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 16
Are you waiting for them to completely burn in, or are you sneaking a listen here and there?

Personally, I find it satisfying to listen during burn in. Yeah, they change, but every one has sounded good enough to listen to straight out of the box.

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Are you waiting for them to completely burn in, or are you sneaking a listen here and there?

Personally, I find it satisfying to listen during burn in. Yeah, they change, but every one has sounded good enough to listen to straight out of the box.

waiting for completely burn in...

how long will burn in for this headphone take?

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 16
Congratulations!
580smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh

At least 12 hrs IMO.

Jul 15, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 16
Congrats! I miss my old HD580's...

Jul 15, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 16
Congrats on the 580s, I love mine
smily_headphones1.gif
Very smooth refined sound with absolutely zero ear fatigue, the only thing I would change is the excessive bloated bass, this is just personal preference, I am not a fan of Senn bass in general.

I love the very warm sound of these with minimal music, Senn headphones are the absolute perfect headphones for Ambient music IMO.

You should try pairing them with a bright/analytical amp and see how they sound with rock.

Quote:

waiting for completely burn in...

After about a week of continuous use I found the soundstage to open up and the sound became a little bit brighter, guitars had more of a twang to them.

Even when I was listening to my SA5000s out of my Gilmore Lite, I ran the 580s out of my X-Fi Elite Pros external box which has a decent headphone jack.

The majority of people on head-fi with Senns will tell you they open up after 300-500(!) hours, personally I think this is more psychology than acoustics but that is just my opinion

Jul 15, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

MY HD-580s arrived at my house like 2 days ago... I'm so happy, I ordered them from amazon seeing how no one here had any to sell...

Did you remember to use the Amazon/Head-Fi link?
wink.gif
I totally forgot about it the last time I got something from Amazon. *slaps self again*

And you better take back those famous last words right now! I remember when I proclaimed right here on Head-Fi somewhere I'd never spend more than $200 on a headphone, and I meant it too. Well that certainly went out the window back in April when I bought the K701 and again today when I bought my AD2000...face it, there is never an end in sight when you're on Head-Fi! You'll be back sooner or later!

Jul 15, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #11 of 16
Congrats... HD580 was basically my introduction to high fidelity headphones (I had Grado SR60s before that, but they don't count
icon10.gif
) and I fell in love with 'em at the time. Enjoy...

P.S. what happened to the "allteeth" smiley anyway? It appears to be dead. Someone fix it...

Jul 16, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Did you remember to use the Amazon/Head-Fi link?
wink.gif
I totally forgot about it the last time I got something from Amazon. *slaps self again*

And you better take back those famous last words right now! I remember when I proclaimed right here on Head-Fi somewhere I'd never spend more than $200 on a headphone, and I meant it too. Well that certainly went out the window back in April when I bought the K701 and again today when I bought my AD2000...face it, there is never an end in sight when you're on Head-Fi! You'll be back sooner or later!

woops, didn't know such a link existed.

I don't think I'll buy another headphone because I don't visit the headphones forum too often now, mostly the member's lounge so I shouldn't have an incentive to buy more headphones...

Jul 16, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

I don't think I'll buy another headphone

Me in 2005

"I want to spend $200 absolute max on a nice pair of headphones and I don't need a new source or an amp or whatever"

Jul 16, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #15 of 16
Congrats on the new Senns guys. Hope you enjoy them as I enjoy my 600s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back