hd 580>>>onkio md
Jul 7, 2002 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nae45ro

100+ Head-Fier
I intend to use my hedphones at home with a onkio minidisc and technics cd player but with no dedicated amplification(only the amplifier from my hi-fi line).My music genre is eurodance so i will need good bass and treble(i like the extreme frequencies at lows and highs).To conclude,wich pair of headphones do best suit for this?(my budget is around 200 $)By now i was adviced for hd 580.Do u have other proposals?

Jul 8, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Ok, i gotta do this:

Look into the Beyerdynamic Dt770-250. I just got these headphones back on Friday and they are fantastic. The deepest bass i've ever heard, crystal clear highs and a great midrange for a closed headphone. Check out www.meier-audio.com for more info.

Jul 8, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
nae45ro
I have a mini disc sony mdr-700 and the 580s and at 5 m/w the md cant drive the 580s. Even with my total airhead or supreme amp in portable mod I cant use my 580s with my md. There just ant enough siganel from the md for the amps to work with for the 580s. I use the koss ksc-35 or the koss portapro and the total airhead and md and get great sound. I use my cd deck and stereo amp tape out to the supreme amp and the 580s to get the 580s to near full potential and the 580s sound great. If you are going to use the md I think the portapros or ksc-35 would be better and with a portable amp these cans sound really great. I think that the 580s need a good source and a good amp to do their thing.

Jul 8, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 4
definitely DO NOT get the Sennheiser SR-580's if you dont have an amp. I did that and i was extremely underimpressed and sold them a week after i bought them. i got grado SR-225's which i love you should check those out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back