HD 558 / 598 cracking issue? (Or Recomend me some other Headphones)
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AnthonyMcEwen

Head-Fier
Been looking at these and then heard about a cracking issue, can you please tell me more about it and if its been fixed?

If not can you Recomend me some Headphones that are good for listning to all types of music and are under £150 that also have a detachable cable and are very durable please, open or closed ether is fine...oh they need to be comfy also.

Basicly all round headphones for my Tablet, laptop and Tv and music player...needs to be run unamped or an amp included in the price.

Thanks all.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Been looking at these and then heard about a cracking issue, can you please tell me more about it and if its been fixed?

If not can you Recomend me some Headphones that are good for listning to all types of music and are under £150 that also have a detachable cable and are very durable please, open or closed ether is fine...oh they need to be comfy also.

Basicly all round headphones for my Tablet, laptop and Tv and music player...needs to be run unamped or an amp included in the price.

I'm assuming the cracking issue is well in the past and I never see post in the past year about people having cracking issue.
My HD558s are over a year old and I'm kind of rough on them, no problems so far.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 10
I wanted something open but not to the point that I couldn't take it to the office.  Sound decent, especially with my amp. But without it, it seemed... "Airy" . it think I'm going the closed route. Just my two cents.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 10
na thats a fair, everyone has there own openions and thats a vaild point, its when people say thay Dont like things just for the sake of not likeing without any reason that Bugs me.

TBH Im haveing seconds thoughts on these as one of there main selling points for me is a removeable cable, but it seems that you cant get hold of spare or shorter cables just becuse of this silly twist to lock desgine and 2.5 jack...am looking into others before I decide as this is begging to put me off a bit.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 10
I had the HD 598s and they cracked as was others on this forum. I sent them in for repair in Nov 2011. In March 2012 I could not wait anymore due to them being sold out and waiting for delivery from Germany, so I jumped the gun and bought  HD-600's. I sold the new 598s I finally got on E-bay and did not lose too much. I am now happy with my upgrade.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Hi, 

One year using my HD598 and no problems so far. Is not mandatory an amp but I recommend one (I have the Fiio E17, which does a very well job actually). The soundstage and the mid-range are really nice in these headphones, 100% recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back