HD 555 on the way as well
Mar 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr Machine

New Head-Fier
No, this is not a cyber mirage. I just did it. I had no more resistance left
tongue_smile.gif

Besides, I am such a Dope. I really thought I could trick myself, by ordering the HD 280 Pro first.

So, this is gonna be one heck of a headphone explosion after 10 years of HD 500 exclusive.
atsmile.gif

I think those HD 500 will move into semi-retirement. You'll never know.

I am glad to be part of this understanding crowd, so I don't come to think of myself as the total bubble head.

Long Live Head Fi
L3000.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 7
Ha! You're starting to sound like the rest of us poor saps. When I bought my HD280s (my first REAL headphones) I swore I would have them solely for years as they seemed to be quite an investment at the time. Two weeks later, I had spent $500 on 5 more phones.

I think you'll like the 555. It is an excellent value phone that provides very well balanced sound. It is sweeter than the 280 while still being detailed, and bass is good.

Just remember to listen to the music and not the headphones. Sometimes people around here forget that.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha! You're starting to sound like the rest of us poor saps. When I bought my HD280s (my first REAL headphones) I swore I would have them solely for years as they seemed to be quite an investment at the time. Two weeks later, I had spent $500 on 5 more phones.

I think you'll like the 555. It is an excellent value phone that provides very well balanced sound. It is sweeter than the 280 while still being detailed, and bass is good.

Just remember to listen to the music and not the headphones. Sometimes people around here forget that.

I am a man of addictions. I don't think I will forget to listen to the music. It's not the nature of my design.
It's more like a different variation of doing the same thing.

I like your description of personalities on those 2 HD's. That's exactly what I am looking forward to find. Yet, I am almost certain, the 280 will be best to contain and handle the massive input it will get from my SWR bass tuner. It's gonna be a blast, I can feel it coming ....
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 7
My new Sennheiser HD 555 starts to open up very nicely.

This hp comes off as a very balanced audio-graphic listening device.
It presents a harmonious picture of audible waves, also known as music.

Happy Easter Sunday!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. I'd rather have a good time with $100 phones than buy $1000 gear and still find myself wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back