HD 485 for portable use
Jul 4, 2005 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nahirk

New Head-Fier
anyone have the HD485's? i was thinking of getting them for portable use. I listen to various forms of electronic music mostly and heard they are pretty good. Heard they are very comfy... can anyone confirm this?

Jul 4, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 7
I'd have my doubts about HD485s for portable use. They aren't exactly small (the front shot from Headroom shows that quite well if you're looking at the relative sizes vs. the 1/4" plug), and since they're open isolation is likely to be low as well. Anyway, I'd certainly want to lend them an ear, if only for curiosity's sake.

Jul 4, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 7
ya i was thinking about that but they apparently are pretty light. I wonder if i'll look like a dork walking around with them...or well more of a dork than usual
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Greetings.
I bought the 485s when I read they were ZDNets prefered headphones for testing portables. I use a iriver h320 and either the 485s or ety ER-6s. The 485s are super comfortable and I really like the sound. They have a strong bass (the etys are weak on bass). I am really pleased with the 485s. I would buy them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back