HD 439 or HD 380 Pro or any other Sennheiser suggestions.
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

johnvonmacz

Head-Fier
Hi, I usually listen to RNB and Hip Hop in FLAC not MP3. My current PC Motherboard is ASUS Z87-PRO with Realtek ALC1150 Codec.Which of those two headphones would fulfill my purpose? Also do I need an amp or sound card or the Codec in my motherboard's enough? Thanks :)

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 22
I've been thinking about M50 but here in Canada, the price is a bit high IMO. Any other Headphones that has detachable cable and a build quality that is solid? My budget is $150 max. Thanks

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 22
get the hd439, details wise, it'll be onpar with the m50, the sound itself is so easily changeable that you don't have to worry about the sound as almost every aspect can easily be changed via use of a screw driver, your hands, and something to search around how to do the mods (computer, phone, anything with internet), also comfort is amazing and price isn't to bad, also they are surprisingly durable

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 22
two other reccomendations would be the:
Denon Hp700: the neglected cousin of the famed D7000 (shares the drivers meaning similar sound), that is in a compact, durable, easy-to-drive package that is easily modable, also price is around 110

Shure SRH440: another pair that is very much neglected, but is one of the most detailed pair of cans you will probably hear, and retails for just under 100, although they are bass light, so take what you will from it 

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 22
Thanks for your reply, I'll take the Denon and Shure you suggested in consideration. Anyway, what do you think about HD 380 Pro? And why did you chose HD 439 over it? Have you tried both? Thanks

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 22
Here in Canada, the cheapest HD 439 I can find is $118 + tax it will go for the final price of around $135. Is HD 439 worth $135 in your opinion? Thanks. I'm still new to headphones stuff and I just want to fully enjoy My FLAC music collections in PC.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 22
Also regarding the HD 380 Pro, how long have you used them and what source did you use? I heard that it takes time like let's say 30-50 hours burn-in to be able to reach it's potential, and that if you're using a laptop or ipod, you should pair it with a decent amp. I can't buy it in U.S. I would love to but I can't cuz I'm only a permanent resident in Canada and still waiting for my citizenship result. I'll prolly ask a friend who will go to seattle if ever to shop some stuff there. So in your opinion, $135 plus tax is a bit high for HD 439? Thanks.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:
I would go with the ATH-M50 myself as it is a little more bassy than the others and built like a tank.

I saw a few reviews and ATH-M50 sounds like a good one too! I might pull the trigger on that one!

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #13 of 22
I have the ath-m50's and the hd 380 pros. I like them both, a lot. The two are completely different headphones. I'd say each at the opposite end of the other. I use the hd 380 pros at work, the ath-m50's at home. Not sure why but I prefer the way they sound this way better. I do wish the ath-m50's had the replaceable cable. I got the straight cable version, wish I would have chosen the corded one but no one carried it around here. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably choose the ath-m50 for just one reason. The hd380 pros have that Sennheiser veiled sound. I like it, for some reason like it better at work, smoother more refined but more expensive. The ath-m50's seem clearer, more up front, better value. Both very comfortable wearing a long time. I do agree both sound much, much better after about 50 hours of high volume burn in.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #14 of 22
Would you be able to stretch the budget to maybe $200 CAD (dunno if you can get a better deal there?). The Logitech UE-6000 is pretty great for the mentioned genres, has a nice fun bass response, detachable cables and is very comfortable.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #15 of 22
Also regarding the HD 380 Pro, how long have you used them and what source did you use? I heard that it takes time like let's say 30-50 hours burn-in to be able to reach it's potential, and that if you're using a laptop or ipod, you should pair it with a decent amp. I can't buy it in U.S. I would love to but I can't cuz I'm only a permanent resident in Canada and still waiting for my citizenship result. I'll prolly ask a friend who will go to seattle if ever to shop some stuff there. So in your opinion, $135 plus tax is a bit high for HD 439? Thanks.

I've got an Idea, Buy refurbisged, that way you can get the cans for basicaly brand new at a way better price, or compare prices with other places and see if you can get a good discount

Users who are viewing this thread

Back