HD-3 Questions.
Jul 4, 2005 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jakets

500+ Head-Fier
Okay i really like my X5, but i find i really dont need a lot of features it offers, im thinking about trading for an HD-3 and having an extra 100$ to play with. How is the latest sonic stage? And can i just pop my mp3 collection into it and load them on? Or do i have to recode them as atrac? Thanks for the help guys.
orphsmile.gif

Jul 4, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 11
my MZRH10 just got it like 4 months ago, i barely use it, mainly because i got gigs of music that i dont even wanna **** with sonic stage to import.

sonic stage can suck it honestly.

phew /vent off

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
my MZRH10 just got it like 4 months ago, i barely use it, mainly because i got gigs of music that i dont even wanna **** with sonic stage to import.

sonic stage can suck it honestly.

phew /vent off

Is there no alternative? no one has made a program that can just drag and drop to the HD-3?

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
Is there no alternative? no one has made a program that can just drag and drop to the HD-3?

Vaio Music Transfer.

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 11
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...music+transfer

this should send you the link to the thread. I use this handy utility and it works like a charm. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me, I will help ya out as much as I can. Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes, it works with the HD3 and is drag and drop!

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...music+transfer

this should send you the link to the thread. I use this handy utility and it works like a charm. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me, I will help ya out as much as I can. Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes, it works with the HD3 and is drag and drop!

Hmm, thanks. I just installed the latest Sonic Stage and tried it out, i dont think i need the vaio program as SS is working just fine. I dont see the big deal with it really lol.

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 11
Its for the people that have bad luck with SS as it can be a buggy program for some. I use SS when I have a batch of songs I am going to transfer, but when I have just a couple I use Vaio music transfer since its way faster.
Lates.

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #11 of 11
ive used sonicstage on 2 computers, one a sony vaio and one a dell xps. the vaio was used with a minidisc player (wasnt a huge fan of minidisc players) and the xps is being used with my HD-3. Sonicstage isnt completely bad, its just not an enjoyable experience. SS is rather slow, it has counterintuitive library browsing methods (artist lookup by clicking on a letter) and making a playlist is nearly impossible. Vaio Music Transfer is a magical program in comparison to SS, just drag and drop, thats it it even does artist info and everything very well. It transfers songs slower than SS, so the majority of your library should be done through SS and then new cds can be added through Vaio Transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back