HD-25 cables - Y vs one sided? microphonics?
Nov 4, 2007 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
for those who have switched from the stock one sided cable to a two sided cable by flipping the cups, have you noticed a change in microphonics? any other adv/disadvantages?

I'm deciding between the following options:

HD600 cable with a cable turtle or something.

HD650 cable, shorten, reterminate with a neutrik plug if i can find somewhere that ships it to the US for cheap.

HD-25-13 cable, shorten, reterminate as above.

any more comments on Y vs one sided cables? SQ between the 3 cables? availability in the US?

also any links for reterminating a headphone cable? i've used solder and so forth before, my question is how much to strip, how much insulation to burn off, techniques, etc. i've heard stories about cables burning.

edit: move to the cable forum 32 please! unless of course someone who has recabled their hd600 or hd650 or has a hd-25-13 would like to sell me theirs at a good price, though my understanding is they are pretty cheap from sennUSA, with exception of the hd-25-13 cable

or rather has a nice mini plug for me

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 4

compuryan

1000+ Head-Fier
maybe you should move this to the cables etc forum. also I have an hd25 but haven't changed the cables, i'd be interested to see what the masses say about changing the cables.

Users who are viewing this thread