DEL
Oct 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 8
Here!
I got the HD25-II and the Shure SE530.
I gotta say, I love them both!

The SE530 is more upclose, and compared to the HD25-II, a little rolled off on the highs, but the mids and lows are to die for.
Even straight out of an iPod Nano fatty. And they become even more amazing when amped.
And a pro for IEM's is that they don't mess up your hair, you don't have something on your head all the time and they're small!

But the HD25-II.. They are straight from the iPod great sounding! Different, but great sounding!
Soundstage is wider, they have a warmer presentation and have more punch to it.
Downside is that they don't get alot better with amping.

Both have great isolation, I use my HD25-II for mixing in the club, and yes, it gets loud in there.
The SE530 is even better at isolating, but hey, it's plugged in your earcanal, what else would you expect
wink.gif

Seriously, When you like the HD25-II, the SE530 won't dissapoint!

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Glad I could help!

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 8
HD25 *can* improve significantly with an amp (e.g. Slee Voyager), esp. w/lossless files and a cable upgrade (e.g. HD650 stock).

I also like SE530 and agree they have similar tone flavour but would use HD25 anywhere other than where very good isolation required (train/plane) or if feeling especially vain
wink.gif

For me, both are keepers...

Interested to hear new Senn IEs...
regular_smile .gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 8
I use the HD25 and the triple fi 3's for portable isolated listening. The Triple fi's outside and the HD 25's indoors, wandering around. They are exremely good and the bass attack makes them feel as though they're a lot bigger than they are. A great headphone that improves on the end of a portable amp too, although they are driven easily. Even by an Ipod. The biggest drawback is the clamping force on your ears. If you have a wide head, you'll feel it after a while.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back