Havo no editor options in firefox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #17 of 29
Including sites that specifically use JS (like this one)?

Also, something silly - have you tried logging off Head-Fi and logging in again?

Finally, have you tried running you pc in safe-mode with networking and browsing to Head-Fi?
M.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 29
shall try disablying defender shortly but i cont see it being the issue, nor really is killing it a solution.

tried restarts, nothing.

tried that site you linked, the test ran fine, no issues. js seems to work fine everywhere but headfi.

no not tried safe mode yet.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 29
so having just done that i was abotu to say nope no difference, i did it 4 times with 2 browsers but as i came back to say so it appeared in ie.   so i think looked accross to firefox and its back there too.

so errr What?????  i dont want to say its cured as i dont know why there was a problem.  if it stays working ill come back and say so.

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 29
Has anyone a solution to this?

I am experiencing the same problem last few months on Firefox and in desktop mode the editor is non-existant I cannnot see bold, italics editor or cant include quotes or input links.

Any ideas?
Still troubleshooting.

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #23 of 29

I am experiencing the same problem last few months on Firefox and in desktop mode the editor is non-existant I cannnot see bold, italics editor or cant include quotes or input links.

Any ideas?
Still troubleshooting.

I'm getting the full editor in Firefox (fresh install inside a Windows 7 VM). In the past I've had the editor not load at all like that. Have you tried with plug-ins disabled? Have you tried emptying the browser cache?

I think that the editor uses APIs from Google or Yahoo (or I could be completely wrong) and if they don't load properly then neither does the editor.

The usual way to trouble-shoot this is to install Firebug and see if any page elements aren't loading.

Also, make sure you're not running a development build of Firefox!

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #24 of 29
Thnx currawong for the help.
I installed firebug and this error keeps popping up

Error: Script error
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
http://www.head-fi.org/js/350105607/pkg/logged-in.js
Line 15

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #25 of 29
Yup, that looks like the editor script. 

Line 15 is the entire script, as it isn't line-wrapped. Can you find more info about what specific error it is?

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #26 of 29

Any ideas?
Still troubleshooting.

Another quick question just to make sure:
  1. Have you tried the things described in the thread exactly as they're written (Log off, clear cache, close all open tabs/browser instances, reopen browser and login)?

(I'm using the latest stable Firefox release without issues. Therefore, like Currawong noted in the past, it's most likely a browser configuration/state issue)
M.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 29
Thnx guys.
It's really weird on my android device chrome sometimes the script will appear in desktop mode other times it disappears. Windows two computers same problem.
Still troubleshooting.

Edit 2: Went to my other 2 computer and windows 7 and XP and they work I can see the edit function.
Could be network related. Will test further with another network in the next few days on those 2 window computers.
Stay tuned.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #29 of 29
OK an update.
At different times of the day the editor appears and then disappears. For example right now i cannot see it yet yesterday same time it was appearing????
And right now after posting it appears???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back