Having bass and treble cranked full
Jun 9, 2002 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mr.T

New Head-Fier
WIll it be hard on my headphones if I crank the bass and treble onto my receiver at full rather than flat.

FULL BASS and FULL TREBLE listening at Moderate to Moderate-High volume is this slightly hard on the headphone drivers ?

THanks

Jun 9, 2002 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't think so at these volume levels. Anyway, what to care about is your ears. A headphone can always be replaced.
Your need to crank up the bass and treble controls, points to that you are not satisfied with the sound quality of something: source, receiver or headphone, or a combination of these. Usually, these controls do not help very much because they increase over a large spectrum and not specifically where it is needed. High quality amps therefore usually have no such controls.

Jun 9, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 9
If you have to do that it's time to consider a new amp...

Jun 10, 2002 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 9
Get rid of your amp. I used to listen to treble & bass high too... until about 13 years ago my old roomate taught me how to listen to everything flat. Now that's all I do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
If you have to do that it's time to consider a new amp...

Your music link wouldn't come up... & I'm on a cable modem. Said something like 10.252.2.2

Jun 10, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 9
Up until about 12 years ago, I used to listen to headphone-based systems with the bass and treble cranked full. Looking back, I became so red-faced with embarrassment: How crappy my amp (or my headphones) really were back then!
redface.gif

Anyway, I turned up the bass and treble full, and I shrugged in a red, angry face - what a craptacular pile of trash!
mad.gif
So I turned both back to "center" or "flat" (and this was with my Sennheiser HD 280PRO headphones), and I suddenly heard a *bonk* (my jaw hits the floor)!
eek.gif
Clear, detailed rather than boomy, shrill, crappy sound!

Jun 10, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #8 of 9
What eagle driver is trying to say is that the fact that you are wanting to do this means that you need to upgrade something!

What is your exact system?

Jun 10, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

you need to upgrade something!

..and you came to the right place. We can spend anyone's money for them.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back