having a new itch
Feb 21, 2007 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
All right - I got that itch again.

I will spend some money to taste a different headphone but the question is which one?

Source'll be iriver h120
Amp'll be mf x-can v2 (heavily modded)

Phone'll be ??? (should be closed but not iem)

Currently i have beyer dt831's (without a 120ohm adaptor) and I am inclined to get a senn 595.

I generally listen indie, rock, jazz and have a special interest in female vocals.

I think 770/80 would be another choice but I really want to hear a different brand.

If you can give some suggestions for above source / amp combo, it will be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 9
If you really want to go for something else you might want to try a Ultrasone, for example, the Proline 750..
They seem to have different experience and soundstage then other brands.
But that's just an advice from a lover from the ultrasones but may be an option. They will do very fine out of your x-can! And they are definately closed ones...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooztuncer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All right - I got that itch again.

I will spend some money to taste a different headphone but the question is which one?

Source'll be iriver h120
Amp'll be mf x-can v2 (heavily modded)

Phone'll be ??? (should be closed but not iem)

Currently i have beyer dt831's (without a 120ohm adaptor) and I am inclined to get a senn 595.

I generally listen indie, rock, jazz and have a special interest in female vocals.

I think 770/80 would be another choice but I really want to hear a different brand.

If you can give some suggestions for above source / amp combo, it will be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 9
try something completely different like the stax sr001 or an ultrasone. pretty expensive though...

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 9
i had a sr80 for couple of months and I enjoyed its rich sound however I am in need of a closed can + the comfort level of grados are not up to my expectations (basically my ears hurt even after 30 minutes). I will buy a hf1 in the future but for now I am looking for something more comfy and closed.

ultrasone proline 750 sounds intriguing. I will look into them.

So far we have 595 and 750 on the table, any more bids
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooztuncer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a sr80 for couple of months and I enjoyed its rich sound however I am in need of a closed can + the comfort level of grados are not up to my expectations (basically my ears hurt even after 30 minutes). I will buy a hf1 in the future but for now I am looking for something more comfy and closed.

ultrasone proline 750 sounds intriguing. I will look into them.

So far we have 595 and 750 on the table, any more bids
smily_headphones1.gif

the pl 750's are going to raise your standard of listening, i swear. cannot believe the sound for 250 bucks (at northen light and sound). just crasy!!!

the preceeding was not a paid endorsement...even though it reads like a screwin ad.

Feb 22, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Ok, I am down to three (after selling my dt831 I think I will get one of them):

1) Senn 595
2) Ultrasone proline 750
3) AT a900

i will read more and hopefully pull the trigger next week. Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back