Havi B6 !
Dec 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #466 of 1,184
No I wouldn't suggest getting the B3's to drive with only the X02.

At max volume it's at almost normal listening level but it sounds very thin and not something I'd enjoy listening to.

I wonder if people saying that it sounds great without an amp have actually heard it properly amped, it really is a big difference.

Thanks "peter"!

I'll see how the B6 plays out. If it plays at louder decibels and SQ and QC passes? I'm definitely in!

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #467 of 1,184

Thanks! Good to know!

Now, I hope the new B6 can be driven a little easier and louder with less volume, which leads to longer lasting battery life.

No I wouldn't suggest getting the B3's to drive with only the X02.

At max volume it's at almost normal listening level but it sounds very thin and not something I'd enjoy listening to.

I wonder if people saying that it sounds great without an amp have actually heard it properly amped, it really is a big difference.

peter is right.

Though I've never tried B3 with an Amp (My NX1 is yet to arrive) I've heard many times that an amp can benefit in multiple ways.
For instance bass sounds punchier, faster (I guess because of Amp's ability to supply more power). I'll let you know impressions once I try my B3 with NX1.

I highly doubt that without amp the sound chips compromise on SQ on increased volume. They simply don't provide the output impedance even equal to Amp's. And from general knowledge it's always better to have higher gap between your audio output's impedance and earphone's input impedance. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #468 of 1,184
Thanks "peter"!

I'll see how the B6 plays out. If it plays at louder decibels and SQ and QC passes? I'm definitely in!

No problem, yes let's hope that the B6 will improve the sound even more while still being able to be driven by most portable devices :)

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #469 of 1,184
peter is right.

Though I've never tried B3 with an Amp (My NX1 is yet to arrive) I've heard many times that an amp can benefit in multiple ways.
For instance bass sounds punchier, faster (I guess because of Amp's ability to supply more power). I'll let you know impressions once I try my B3 with NX1.

I highly doubt that without amp the sound chips compromise on SQ on increased volume.

Yes the nx1 should be able to drive it pretty well. The nx1 paired with the x02 is not enough though but the x02 has very low power.........

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #470 of 1,184
Yes the nx1 should be able to drive it pretty well. The nx1 paired with the x02 is not enough though but the x02 has very low power.........

Thanks for assuring : )
Let's see how it performs.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #471 of 1,184
I tried the B3 with the Clip+ and Pono and I am not sutisfied at all. It's not just a low volume but I don't like the sound quality.
I like the B3 with the iPod Classic, they have a very enjoyable sound.
I didn't try with any amp, to lazy to carry an amp

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #474 of 1,184
  peter is right.

I highly doubt that without amp the sound chips compromise on SQ on increased volume. They simply don't provide the output impedance even equal to Amp's. And from general knowledge it's always better to have higher gap between your audio output's impedance and earphone's input impedance.

I'm listening to mine right now with NX1 out of DX90 , you are going to like the NX1, great soundfield realy opens the B3's up including bass.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #475 of 1,184
I'm listening to mine right now with NX1 out of DX90 , you are going to like the NX1, great soundfield realy opens the B3's up including bass.
superlike :)

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #476 of 1,184

I can sell the earphones with some of the other tips that I have.

Found that the JVC HA-FX101 cost the same as spiral dots. If I buy the JVC in-ears, I can also try different sizes. 

I don't believe any of the budget JVC models include actual Spiral Dot tips (the ones with dimples on the inside cores of the tips). They may be similar in overall shape, however.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #479 of 1,184
You guys are taking about the b6 dual driver or just the bass edition?

Right now everyone's referring to the B3 Pro-1 model. The B6 models are delayed till early next year so everyone's still raving about the current B3 right now! 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back