Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #2,431 of 2,486
Well I was looking at the FiiO F9 Pros @ $140 and the IBasso IT01s and Pioneer Cht9s both @$99, so somewhere under $150. I was also thinking of picking up one of the cheaper Chinese offerings with mmcx cables and trying to transplant the mmcx sockets over to the havi's because my drivers still sound great it's just the wires are showing through everywhere but they are still working.

I was actually about to suggest the Blue Ever Blue 1200EX, it has a similar soundstage and natural sound as the B3 but a bit more treble presence. I'd consider it a good upgrade from the Havi's.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #2,432 of 2,486
Well I was looking at the FiiO F9 Pros @ $140 and the IBasso IT01s and Pioneer Cht9s both @$99, so somewhere under $150. I was also thinking of picking up one of the cheaper Chinese offerings with mmcx cables and trying to transplant the mmcx sockets over to the havi's because my drivers still sound great it's just the wires are showing through everywhere but they are still working.

I don’t have any of the IEMs you listed. Sorry, I won’t be able to help with comparisons with those models.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,433 of 2,486
I think to truly upgrade from the havi you'll have to spend a decent chunk more. I really hope at some point they follow through with a successor model, but until then, and possibly after, my Sony ex1000 gets 100% of my time. The most open sounding and resolving iem I've heard by a large margin. Also the most expensive, but we'll worth the price. Having said that, I would still love to hear what havi may put out in the future as the b3p1 is indeed a remarkable and special iem especially at it's price point. My havi unfortunately is dead thanks to heavy gym use by my wife. Wish I knew how to recable in ears, because I miss them!

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #2,434 of 2,486
Thank you all for your suggestions, I have loved my two pairs of havis and I guess I have been spoiled having such a great iem for so cheap. I might just pick up a pair of the b3 pro IIs to hold me over. Thanks

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #2,436 of 2,486
That's awesome, wonder if Havi has upgraded the shells which we know become brittle after time!

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,437 of 2,486
My left side died, appears to have failed in the cable near the 3.5mm jack, in quite sad and wish I knew how to recable iems. Cheap enough to just buy another pair though!

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #2,438 of 2,486
I tried to buy another pair of Havi from their official Taobao store, placed the order 3 days ago, the package still hasn't been sent. So I send a message to them via Taobao chat yesterday, but it is not read.
I'm afraid they are not in business anymore.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #2,439 of 2,486
I tried to buy another pair of Havi from their official Taobao store, placed the order 3 days ago, the package still hasn't been sent. So I send a message to them via Taobao chat yesterday, but it is not read.
I'm afraid they are not in business anymore.
I would've bought it from Penon Audio, but that's just me. Good luck.

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #2,440 of 2,486
This is what I have to do to make the cable last. 2 hours of commuting use every weekday without fail, babying them like crazy, and yet after just one year, some thing always give. If not the cracking shell, then the cable above the Y-split. It's aalwaays gotta be something...
20180219_133624.jpg

Not to mention my intense existentialism upon finding out it soul successor, ASG-1Plus is DISCONTINUED...
Kinda makes me want to punch a wall just to justify an excuse to shed post-rage man tears.

Why oh why didn't I find out about the 1Plus sooner...

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #2,441 of 2,486
This is what I have to do to make the cable last. 2 hours of commuting use every weekday without fail, babying them like crazy, and yet after just one year, some thing always give. If not the cracking shell, then the cable above the Y-split. It's aalwaays gotta be something...

Not to mention my intense existentialism upon finding out it soul successor, ASG-1Plus is DISCONTINUED...
Kinda makes me want to punch a wall just to justify an excuse to shed post-rage man tears.

Why oh why didn't I find out about the 1Plus sooner...
Wasn't the ASG-1Plus pretty much around the same time period as the B3? Plus, one could say Aurisonics itself is discontinued, not just that model :wink:

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #2,442 of 2,486
Wasn't the ASG-1Plus pretty much around the same time period as the B3? Plus, one could say Aurisonics itself is discontinued, not just that model :wink:
Yeah well... You know what idiots some of us can be. Get an awesome product, put on blinders, have no more want for anything else due to extreme blissful ignorance...until it's too late. Research for similar sound with sturdier build intensifies, and then whoops...discontinued boulevard.
shocked.gif

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,443 of 2,486
Yeah well... You know what idiots some of us can be. Get an awesome product, put on blinders, have no more want for anything else due to extreme blissful ignorance...until it's too late. Research for similar sound with sturdier build intensifies, and then whoops...discontinued boulevard.
Gotta hedge your bets......apparently somehow by spending even more money, but without any returns :p

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,444 of 2,486
May I present the spiritual successor of the Havi B3 Pro 1

Introducing the Fender FXA5 Pro! I have had this sample for a long time but no matter which tips I tried, they didnt sound that great. Unit a few days ago, for some reason I decided to try them with the havi foam tips then BOOOOOM.

This was it. This was the sound I have been searching for all this time !
blink.gif
basshead.gif
This is a personal preference thing but this is pretty much end game for me, nothing else comes to the texture and midrange growl of this beast. This and havi take up 95% of my listening time now. I LOVE LOVE this iem, and if anyone wanted a direct upgrade these would be it.

If you are auditioning it, be sure to try with the HAVI FOAM TIPS. I am not kidding, I have tried everything else I have and they work the best. I love them, they have slayed upgraditis. However I do immensely regret not getting the ASG 1 Plus :frowning2:
Tried the FXA5 at Jaben earlier today. Man...that weird angling and them sitting 'proud' outside my ears...just nopeville. Kinda struggled with the fit and angle, ended up with eartip end nicely flush like customs but top end and connector portion sticking out so far out and un-flush. Bottom sits nice and tight, top not even touching my concha or the small flap of skin just above canal entrance.

Ended up just wrestling with the shell and doing the selfie thing, wrestling and re-adjusting again, mouth-breathing like a fish out of water (trying to equalise pressure/vacuum), selfie again. Tried with logo perfectly horizontal, tried with shell vertical like the promo photos, and even with MMCX connector perfectly centred inside that small notch above the tragus. Lather, rinse, repeat. Didn't enjoy the musical presentation/test drive because I was doubting if I even had the fit and isolation down to perfection:triumph:. Side note though, wow, those default tips are sticky! Haha.

I don't have any photos to share, but I kid you not, I both felt and looked stoopid with the top portion of the shell jutting out. AND while doing the mouth-breathing thing. I imagine.

Anyway, I just hit play and expected to hear the familiar, inviting warmth but open and large soundstage of the Havis.
Unfortunately, since my fitting was meh, well: good mids warmth, okay sub-bass, loud enough trebles, but no Havi-esque openness and separation. Still kinda claustrophobic and "heavy", but clear-ish.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll try again with my Sony hybrids M and L. Totally forgot to bring them along. Gotta tell you, after 2 months with the SE846 and its big bada booms, but too soft sizzles and tisssss... I'm getting a severe case of claustrophobia. Madness, i tell you.

If it doesn't work...well...I'm coming back home to the Havi Pro 1s. Pity about the build quality, though. I miss that true, silent, oled black background.
Blackground. Badump-tisssss. Real tissss this time.

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #2,445 of 2,486
Well smack me. The Havis are discontinued. Went down to Lendmeurears and was told she's gone...forever.
Sad day indeed. Well I guess I'll be out of the audio game for now. Should've stockpiled them when I had the chance, seeing how B6 is vapourware.

Sad, sad day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back