Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jun 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #1,981 of 2,486
Awesome that sounds perfect for me. I'll have to sell the havis first, probably my xduoo x2 and topping nx1 with it.
I'm very certain they're the pro1. I purchased from penon so I'll go back and check.
Edit: I just checked my correspondence with penon, and I did request the pro1. Also the box has a little red sticker that says "pro1". So they should be right unless the wrong ones were put in the box from the factory? I guess there's not a way to tell the difference between the versions just by looking at the iem itself?

I also have the same problem with the havis, too much bass (especially mid bass) make them too dark and warm to my sound signature. I had also tried ve monk as many guys recommend because it sounds like the havis but at the end I'm really disappointed because all I could hear is bass/mid bass with thin vocal. With acoustic, the ve is fine but with other kind of music, it's a nightmare.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,982 of 2,486
Might be the new Havis then? They got a "revision for the best" well probably for the not so best then. Or they've accidently put pro 2s in pro 1s's packages. The Havi that I have is very flat, warm nor cold, the old Monks though... Very warm.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,983 of 2,486
I also have the same problem with the havis, too much bass (especially mid bass) make them too dark and warm to my sound signature. I had also tried ve monk as many guys recommend because it sounds like the havis but at the end I'm really disappointed because all I could hear is bass/mid bass with thin vocal. With acoustic, the ve is fine but with other kind of music, it's a nightmare.

Might be the new Havis then? They got a "revision for the best" well probably for the not so best then. Or they've accidently put pro 2s in pro 1s's packages. The Havi that I have is very flat, warm nor cold, the old Monks though... Very warm.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got the pro2s in a box marked pro1. Or maybe that signature just isn't for me. I don't really have anything to compare them to except my old hd598s. The b3s def have more bass/mid bass.

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,987 of 2,486
@indieman... me 2 cent guess is probably b2 pro in b3 pro box(@Ruben123- good call).... Cuz it don't sound at like my precious... Sorry to hear that though

Think it would also be possible for the Pro 1 to sound like that if you were very used to the HD598? From what I've read, that headphone is very treble-biased which means anything that has any amount more in bass, even neutral IEMs could sound warm in comparison. Just speculation though, I don't have any firsthand experience with the HD598.

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,988 of 2,486
Found my superglue! Took the time this morning to repair my B3 which suffer from the dreaded "Hey! There's a crack in the housing. Oh look, now the housing has split in two." syndrome. I know, this ailment has an unusual name. Just roll with it.

Anyways, glued them back together. Wow. I forgot how much I enjoyed their sound and luckily it wasn't affected by the crack and subsequent repair job. It's been months since I've used them. B3 Pro 1 really is a killer earphone.

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,990 of 2,486
Found my superglue! Took the time this morning to repair my B3 which suffer from the dreaded "Hey! There's a crack in the housing. Oh look, now the housing has split in two." syndrome. I know, this ailment has an unusual name. Just roll with it.

Anyways, glued them back together. Wow. I forgot how much I enjoyed their sound and luckily it wasn't affected by the crack and subsequent repair job. It's been months since I've used them. B3 Pro 1 really is a killer earphone.

I know the more common name for that: "Ow" syndrome.
biggrin.gif

Crack wont affect the sound as internally the drivers are housed in another shell. Mine are now reshelled into customs.

Cool!

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,991 of 2,486
  Crack wont affect the sound as internally the drivers are housed in another shell. Mine are now reshelled into customs.

Wow that's rad!!!

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,992 of 2,486
I have long been out of the loop with the cult following of the HAVI, and I thank it so much for serving me very well as an IEM. I've moved onto full sized cans now, but I need to ask the question.

Where is the B6? I apologise if I missed any in-between news but I remember there was a delay and info was scheduled for 2015. What happened?

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #1,993 of 2,486
I have long been out of the loop with the cult following of the HAVI, and I thank it so much for serving me very well as an IEM. I've moved onto full sized cans now, but I need to ask the question.

Where is the B6? I apologise if I missed any in-between news but I remember there was a delay and info was scheduled for 2015. What happened?

You haven't missed anything about the B6; there hasn't been anything about the B6.....sadly.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #1,994 of 2,486

There has only been the 'upgraded' B3P1 (in cardboard retail packaging) which is supposed to sound fleshier than the older (clear acrylic box).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back