Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 26, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #1,921 of 2,486
The Havi is my daily driver now
etysmile.gif

They are more versatile(for me) that my RE400 and therefore, get preference when I'm listening to music in shuffle mode.
They're a lot less fatiguing than my Titan1 and therefore, better suited for long term listening.
They feel better built than my RE400 and therefore, better suited for when I'm on the move and need isolation.

However, they're not as comfortable or easy to pop-in-n-out as the Titan1/RE400 which is Niggle 1.
Niggle 2 is the power requirement. But this is a minor niggle because I find that they sound quite good directly out of my LG G2.
There was a channel imbalance with the first pair I received. And I do see the cracks reported in this thread on both pairs(this doesn't affect the sound though).

All for 60$.
Apart from the 79$ RE400 I can't think of a direct competitor with a similar sound signature(within the price bracket). Maybe that's my limited experience talking.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,922 of 2,486
  The Havi is my daily driver now
etysmile.gif

They are more versatile(for me) that my RE400 and therefore, get preference when I'm listening to music in shuffle mode.
They're a lot less fatiguing than my Titan1 and therefore, better suited for long term listening.
They feel better built than my RE400 and therefore, better suited for when I'm on the move and need isolation.

However, they're not as comfortable or easy to pop-in-n-out as the Titan1/RE400 which is Niggle 1.
Niggle 2 is the power requirement. But this is a minor niggle because I find that they sound quite good directly out of my LG G2.
There was a channel imbalance with the first pair I received. And I do see the cracks reported in this thread on both pairs(this doesn't affect the sound though).

All for 60$.
Apart from the 79$ RE400 I can't think of a direct competitor with a similar sound signature(within the price bracket). Maybe that's my limited experience talking.

Nah, I can't think of another one either. I can think of other IEMs at the price that sound just as good, but in a different way which is why it would feel weird to compare. Because I personally also like the VSonic VSD3S and Trinity Audio Hyperion, but they're altogether different sound signatures so they're great, but not necessarily in the same way. Again, also might be just due to limited experience haha.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,925 of 2,486
Hello guys,

I am currently in the market for a good pair of IEM, is the Havi B3 PRO I still worth it after all these years? Or is there another IEM which is better than the B3 in terms of soundstaging and detail for the price?

Thank-you 

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,926 of 2,486
  Hello guys,

I am currently in the market for a good pair of IEM, is the Havi B3 PRO I still worth it after all these years? Or is there another IEM which is better than the B3 in terms of soundstaging and detail for the price?

Thank-you 

Ive tried a lot of headphones and iems.... these are by far the best bang for buck deal. You have to AMP them tho. otherwise you are wasting your time.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,927 of 2,486
 Hello guys,  

Thank-you 

For me, there isn't anything like the Havi B3 Pro 1 so far for the price., but alternatively, you can consider the Dunu Titan 1ES, which is more warm sounding. The Ostry KC06 (non A) are pretty good for what they are as well (balanced sounding). Just trying to help.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,928 of 2,486
Ive tried a lot of headphones and iems.... these are by far the best bang for buck deal. You have to AMP them tho. otherwise you are wasting your time.

+1!

I've been going back and forth between the B3's and the ASG-1PLUS this morning and I would never guess that one costs about ten times more than the other if I didn't knew. That being said the 1PLUS is the perfect upgrade to the B3's for me and I'm really happy that I finally found one :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,929 of 2,486

Thanks for the info mate, yeah I have an amp, in fact, I have 3 amps. so that should be fine.
  For me, there isn't anything like the Havi B3 Pro 1 so far for the price., but alternatively, you can consider the Dunu Titan 1ES, which is more warm sounding. The Ostry KC06 (non A) are pretty good for what they are as well (balanced sounding). Just trying to help.

I like a wide soundstage and airy, neutral sound, which would fit me best?

Lastly, I have read that they B3's have some serious channel imbalance issue. Is that still a problem now?

Thank-you

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,930 of 2,486
Originally Posted by AudioNewbi3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lastly, I have read that they B3's have some serious channel imbalance issue. Is that still a problem now?

Thank-you

If you can stand a just "acceptable" soundstage, the KC06 (non A) will suits you well.

I have the original (OLD) version, not the new ones, but based the feedbacks I see online so far, it seems that the current (new) version has solved the problems that the OLD version had. Good luck!

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #1,931 of 2,486
Thanks for the info mate, yeah I have an amp, in fact, I have 3 amps. so that should be fine.

Thank-you

I've not heard the 1ES but if soundstage depth and timbre to the notes are important to you the B3 will be a much better choice than the KC06.

I've got both the old and new version of the B3s and I've never experienced any issue with either so I'm afraid I can't help you there.....

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,932 of 2,486

Thank-you

This has the perfect sound stage man big, airy and natural. The tips you choose are important. I only like the clear ones included.

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,933 of 2,486

Thank-you

You appear to have described almost exactly how the Havi sounds haha. I think these should suit you just fine. I have an old pair and no channel imbalance issues so I hope your new pair is just as defect-free as mine!

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #1,934 of 2,486
How much comfortable are these IEM's? for a reference i use vsonic vsd3 which sound much better than my senn. cx 275s but due to lack of comfort i find myself using cx275s more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back