Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,831 of 2,486
So now I'm on the White Silicone Havi (WSH) and I am liking it better than the standard and double flange ones..

But I still can't decide between the Medium or Large one.. there's difference in sound (to my ear) 
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,832 of 2,486
  So now I'm on the White Silicone Havi (WSH) and I am liking it better than the standard and double flange ones..

But I still can't decide between the Medium or Large one.. there's difference in sound (to my ear) 
confused.gif

Same here. They fit my ears best but they need more frequent cleaning to keep them from losing seal due to their shallower insertion. These are really soft and comfy. I find them more comfortable than the included foam tips or even complys. I ordered some spiral dots but they'll take some time to get here.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,833 of 2,486
I did tip rolling and found that the large ostry's wide bore tips sound different from the stock havi's tips. It's like day and night. There's also difference in sound between the medium ostry's tip and the large ones (The mediums sound like the havi's tips).

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,835 of 2,486
Different how? Improvement?

It seems like I've been using the wrong tips since the first time I got this baby. With stock havi tips and bi-flange ones, I got plenty of bass quantity. If the bass quantity of KC06A is 10 then the havis is about 7.5-8. Some The mids are really forward and the vocals are right in front of me, not as close as KC06A's but pretty close. The stoundstage and separation are better than KC06A but nowhere near as when I use the large ostry's wide bore tips. The sound is dark and warm.
With the ostry's tips, it's bass light with cleaner sound, I can hear some notes that I haven't heard before. The sound is more neutral now. The air is open up and the vocals aren't forward as before.
I also tried the large whirlwind tips, the medium ostry's widebore tips and the medium spiral dot tips. The sound is nearly the same as the sound when I use havi's tiptips.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,836 of 2,486

confused.gif

Same here. They fit my ears best but they need more frequent cleaning to keep them from losing seal due to their shallower insertion. These are really soft and comfy. I find them more comfortable than the included foam tips or even complys. I ordered some spiral dots but they'll take some time to get here.

You two are lucky. Out of the stock tips, I did like those while tips the best, but I couldn't ever get a seal without actively pressing them into my ears so those just couldn't be used at all in my case.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,841 of 2,486
Hi guys, I was going to get ostry kc06 before as I dont have an amp
But now that Im getting Fiio Q1, I think I need to reconsider havi
Do you think Q1 will be enough? Im afraid I cant get the best out of it

Coming from soundmagic e10, those crack issues are new to me, and might be a deal breaker
ah, and Im new to this audio world anyway

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,842 of 2,486
Hi guys, I was going to get ostry kc06 before as I dont have an amp
But now that Im getting Fiio Q1, I think I need to reconsider havi
Do you think Q1 will be enough? Im afraid I cant get the best out of it

Coming from soundmagic e10, those crack issues are new to me, and might be a deal breaker
ah, and Im new to this audio world anyway

Yes, the Q1 will be enough.

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,845 of 2,486

Users who are viewing this thread

Back