Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jan 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,666 of 2,486
Jan 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,668 of 2,486
Just too add a little from my experience.. I've heard the Havi from an Ibasso D Zero Mk2 & it is much transparent + speedy/musical than the NX1

Well Nx1 is a good cheap amp that doesn't add too much coloration to the sound. Just for record I prefer the sound through Ap100 + Nx1 than the HO of Ap100 alone. 

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,669 of 2,486
Just too add a little from my experience.. I've heard the Havi from an Ibasso D Zero Mk2 & it is much transparent + speedy/musical than the NX1

Exactly, your own experience is all that matters.

On a side note I believe that the D Zero mk2 uses the WM8740 dac as does the FiiO X3 which is one of my favorite sources for the B3's.....

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,670 of 2,486
My review is up! 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/havi-b3-pro-1/reviews/14933

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #1,674 of 2,486
  My review is up! 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/havi-b3-pro-1/reviews/14933

Finally, my review is complete! Sorry for the length, but they're quite good.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/havi-b3-pro-1/reviews/14936

Congrats for both of you guys!  Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers,

Baycode.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #1,675 of 2,486
Has anyone ever upgraded from the Havi B3 PRO 1, or is there really no other stronger offering on the market right now in the similar price range? I could look into Dunu's offerings, but they're a bit too pricey imo. Will take the previously mentioned Dunu Titans into consideration nontheless, though.
I kinda feel like I want something with a bigger thump in the low end and slightly less harsh on the highs, although I could dabble in EQ...

Also, there seems to be no news on the Havi B6 yet, after about a year or two of waiting.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,676 of 2,486
Has anyone ever upgraded from the Havi B3 PRO 1, or is there really no other stronger offering on the market right now in the similar price range? I could look into Dunu's offerings, but they're a bit too pricey imo. Will take the previously mentioned Dunu Titans into consideration nontheless, though.
I kinda feel like I want something with a bigger thump in the low end and slightly less harsh on the highs, although I could dabble in EQ...

Also, there seems to be no news on the Havi B6 yet, after about a year or two of waiting.

If you'd like to keep the same soundsignature I haven't really come across any upate that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If you prefer something different sounding there's myriads of offerings but with other signature I'd rather call them sidegrades.

Lol! I think no more than maybe 10 head-fiers had even heard the B3 two years ago.....

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,677 of 2,486
If you'd like to keep the same soundsignature I haven't really come across any upate that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If you prefer something different sounding there's myriads of offerings but with other signature I'd rather call them sidegrades.

Lol! I think no more than maybe 10 head-fiers had even heard the B3 two years ago.....

What sidegrades are there that compare? I don't care for much about the soundstage of the Havi, so I can trade that off in exchange for a slightly more refined sig.

And nontheless, my point still kinda stands. No news about the B6 Pirate.
I quote @Baycode from the B6 thread OP.:
"PS: I have been informed that the finalization of the production was going to be in January 2015 but it is DELAYED. I will inform if an exact date appears."

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,678 of 2,486

Not really an upgrade but more of a side grade CKR9 might be what you are looking for.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,679 of 2,486

In my opinion, the Havi's highs are not harsh at all. Not even close.. This when trying it with the NX1, E11K, E12A, and Dzero Mk2. I'd like for a bit more extended highs in fact..

Well perhaps its my source that's too warm hahaha

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,680 of 2,486

What sidegrades are there that compare? I don't care for much about the soundstage of the Havi, so I can trade that off in exchange for a slightly more refined sig.

And nontheless, my point still kinda stands. No news about the B6 Pirate.

The soundstage is the Havi's most outstanding characteristic though IMO. If that can be compromised then you have a myriad of options for the price. For the same price range, I've tried the Titan 1ES, Soundmagic E80 and Fidue A65 but decided I still liked the Havi better so I stuck with it. Depends on what you're looking for in the sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back