Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,592 of 2,486
I ordered the other version Pro 2? How much worse is it. Sorry I don't have time to fully read the thread any quick breakdown on why they are crappier? 

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,593 of 2,486

I'm just trying the KZ wide-bore whirlwinds now (they're the grey ones with blue inside right?).  I'm finding that the sub-bass has dropped out a bit.  I normally use Meelec Dual Flange tips on them.

Edit: This may not work for everyone, but I found KZ tips to open up the highs a bit too much as well, but when I did one ear MEEDF and the other ear KZ, it evens out pretty nicely lol

Yea those are the ones. Hm agreed, the KZ tips do make them brighter. Probably due to the harder core? So far I must say I prefer them most with the SDs. At first I thought that a 3 pack would be too many but I'm glad I have 3 now lol. 1 pair on Havi, 1 on LZ A2 and 1 on **** DT2. all absolutely stellar. The SDs are a pretty good investment IMO.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,595 of 2,486
Dec 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #1,597 of 2,486
Interesting Flare R2A vs Havi B3 talk. I am happy that you guys prefer Havi. To me R2A / PRO were definitely step up from Havis, but I didn't hear the newest B3 tuning and to put it frankly it was long time ago I lost my B3. I might please myself with newest Havi pair on Xmas it seems :p

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,598 of 2,486
  Interesting Flare R2A vs Havi B3 talk. I am happy that you guys prefer Havi. To me R2A / PRO were definitely step up from Havis, but I didn't hear the newest B3 tuning and to put it frankly it was long time ago I lost my B3. I might please myself with newest Havi pair on Xmas it seems :p

There's just a different musical "Flare" (hehe
cool.gif
) to the R2A (haven't heard the R2Pro) compared to the B3. It has a different signature and I happened to like the B3's signature a tiny bit more than the R2A's, though the bass on the R2A is beautifully done to my ears. As discussed a tiny bit earlier, we simply feel there isn't a direct upgrade with the same sound sig, though I would certainly say there are IEMs that are upgrades in fidelity since I myself own a couple, though not with the same sound sig, hence not a "direct upgrade".

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,599 of 2,486
I see your point. Can you point out what do you like on Havi's signature more?
Probably I haven't heard such vast range of IEMs that I can distinguish all traits in sound signatures. But actually these two have more similarities than differences to my ears. When I first heard Flare R2A, I somehow automatically connected its sound signature to Havi B3 that I no longer had in that time. Both hard to drive microdrivers. Large soundstage. Big headroom sound. Separation. Imagining. Dynamic range. Smooth Treble. Non-harsh lower treble. Clean presentation and GORGEOUS MIDS..... the only one big difference was the bass on R2A which gave me quite a reference to low end and taught me to better appreciate it..After some epic sessions with R2A I reached the conclusion that separation on R2A is top and I didn't hear it with Havi. Since I got Flares I stopped looking for new IEMs, (R2PRO exception :p ) and I am glad that they sonically resemble Havi to me. I might get one new Havi just for the comparison sake and awake my nostalgia.  They were my first microdrives.
For ones interested Flare Audio sells R2A model on amazon and I think the 50% off coupon FLAREGLD is still valid so you can get it for KS price which is Chinese IEM - level :) - a steal if you ask me.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,600 of 2,486

The new Havi has better mids; thicker and being a bit forward than the old one. Also the bass is better defined. The rest are the same. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #1,603 of 2,486
  I see your point. Can you point out what do you like on Havi's signature more?
Probably I haven't heard such vast range of IEMs that I can distinguish all traits in sound signatures. But actually these two have more similarities than differences to my ears. When I first heard Flare R2A, I somehow automatically connected its sound signature to Havi B3 that I no longer had in that time. Both hard to drive microdrivers. Large soundstage. Big headroom sound. Separation. Imagining. Dynamic range. Smooth Treble. Non-harsh lower treble. Clean presentation and GORGEOUS MIDS..... the only one big difference was the bass on R2A which gave me quite a reference to low end and taught me to better appreciate it..After some epic sessions with R2A I reached the conclusion that separation on R2A is top and I didn't hear it with Havi. Since I got Flares I stopped looking for new IEMs, (R2PRO exception :p ) and I am glad that they sonically resemble Havi to me. I might get one new Havi just for the comparison sake and awake my nostalgia.  They were my first microdrives.
For ones interested Flare Audio sells R2A model on amazon and I think the 50% off coupon FLAREGLD is still valid so you can get it for KS price which is Chinese IEM - level :) - a steal if you ask me.

I wouldn't categorize the Havi as microdriver. The R2A certainly is a microdriver, but I feel like the B3 is just dual dynamic drivers of normal size. I think I actually like the mids better on the Havi. But the Flares are more comfortable. Love the bass on the R2As. But there's just something about the sound sig plus presentation that makes the Havi different from the B3. I think in my book, the Havi is a subjectively better IEM, but the R2A is objectively about the same, to me at least.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,604 of 2,486
I dont know why I always thought B3 are dual microdrivers :p well

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,605 of 2,486
  I dont know why I always thought B3 are dual microdrivers :p well

For all I know they could be haha. Microdriver's just a way to say a really small dynamic driver. I just never considered the drivers in the B3 to be small enough to call it that, but semantics right?
tongue.gif
In any case, Havi and Flare did a great job implementing dynamic drivers in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back