Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 29, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,251 of 2,486
I'll leave just a small note praising the B3P1.. They're quite impressive for the price. Head to head with the big boys.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-impressions-thread/16905#post_13126037

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #2,254 of 2,486
The B3 Pro 1 would probably not be the first IEM in my arsenal for bass-oriented music. That said, with a proper seal, the B3 is competent down low. 

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2,255 of 2,486
 The B3 Pro 1 would probably not be the first IEM in my arsenal for bass-oriented music. That said, with a proper seal, the B3 is competent down low. 

I strongly recommend getting the JVC Spiral Dots (MS Size) for the Havi B3 Pro1. I was fairly tip-agnostic until having some A:B comparisons with them and the improvement with the Havi is substancial. A lot more body in the midrange. Bass gets tighter and better in quality, not just quantity.

I'm actually playing  with several tips at the moment and tried a few old ones I had.. the Spiral Dots are the only ones that make the Havi sound get close to as lush as on the SE846. It really improves the Havi a lot. What is curious is that my Spirals are a bit small so the seal is addequate but not extreme. They're also soft and comfy.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #2,256 of 2,486

I strongly recommend getting the JVC Spiral Dots (MS Size) for the Havi B3 Pro1. I was fairly tip-agnostic until having some A:B comparisons with them and the improvement with the Havi is substancial. A lot more body in the midrange. Bass gets tighter and better in quality, not just quantity.

I'm actually playing  with several tips at the moment and tried a few old ones I had.. the Spiral Dots are the only ones that make the Havi sound get close to as lush as on the SE846. It really improves the Havi a lot. What is curious is that my Spirals are a bit small so the seal is addequate but not extreme. They're also soft and comfy.

+1. Spiral Dots are ESSENTIAL to get the best from the B3s

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #2,257 of 2,486

+1. Spiral Dots are ESSENTIAL to get the best from the B3s

I have the Havi and I am impressed with the soundstage that I can get from it with a proper seal.

I am curious how is the Spiral Dots different from your usual eartips? What about SpinFit?

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #2,258 of 2,486

I have the Havi and I am impressed with the soundstage that I can get from it with a proper seal.

I am curious how is the Spiral Dots different from your usual eartips? What about SpinFit?

They have larger than average bore and the nozzle is dimpled to help with some compression effect. I can't understand the details well enough to explain it. 

If you're already impressed with the soundstage with the stock tips (try the dual flange ones in case you've not already), you're going to be in for a fun time with the SDs.

Tried spinfits too but they went to deep for me and always ended up causing my ear to itch. Sound wise I feel that the spinfits end up 'compressing' the sound abit.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #2,259 of 2,486

They have larger than average bore and the nozzle is dimpled to help with some compression effect. I can't understand the details well enough to explain it. 

If you're already impressed with the soundstage with the stock tips (try the dual flange ones in case you've not already), you're going to be in for a fun time with the SDs.

@alvinlim2010 What RedTwilight said, especially in terms of the soundstage. I should probably research, because I also don't know how the dimples make such a difference (apart from roughly guessing they disrupt the delivery of the sound, causing the incoming wave to bounce somewhat before it gets to your ear) but on the Havis, they made the bass more full (without bloat) and they widened the soundstage considerably (to my ears)

If you don't already own some, I would say they are really worth having in your arsenal of tips. One of the major lessons I've learned since dabbling in the Chinese IEM market is the degree to which you can change the sound of an earphone with different tips. Currently using LZ A4s with foam tips and while the Spiral Dots sound very nice on them, the foam tips give me the best combination of seal and sound. Still, I am in the experimental stage and every now and then will try out different tips just to double check I am getting the most from my 'phones.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #2,260 of 2,486

@alvinlim2010 What RedTwilight said, especially in terms of the soundstage. I should probably research, because I also don't know how the dimples make such a difference (apart from roughly guessing they disrupt the delivery of the sound, causing the incoming wave to bounce somewhat before it gets to your ear) but on the Havis, they made the bass more full (without bloat) and they widened the soundstage considerably (to my ears)

If you don't already own some, I would say they are really worth having in your arsenal of tips. One of the major lessons I've learned since dabbling in the Chinese IEM market is the degree to which you can change the sound of an earphone with different tips. Currently using LZ A4s with foam tips and while the Spiral Dots sound very nice on them, the foam tips give me the best combination of seal and sound. Still, I am in the experimental stage and every now and then will try out different tips just to double check I am getting the most from my 'phones.

thanks for the inputs @misteral201103 ! Yes I will try to get a pair of the SDs to see how much does it influence the music.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,261 of 2,486

If you don't already own some, I would say they are really worth having in your arsenal of tips. One of the major lessons I've learned since dabbling in the Chinese IEM market is the degree to which you can change the sound of an earphone with different tips.

I'm mostly tip-agnostic, usually not caring much about them, similar to cables and burn-in, among other well loved topics. But in the case of the Spiral Dots, A/B comparisons really worked well for my ears. They really improved the Havi for me... exactly what you mention... improved bass and improved soundstage (width and depth). They're also very soft an comfortable, although sound isolation isn't great.

Not sure the dots make any difference, perhaps it's material and shape, but they sure are worth it.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #2,264 of 2,486
Actually just got a pair of these for $10 from gearbest. Sound is actually very nice. I'm shocked. Anyway where did you get the cable?

How do those ZST compare to the Havi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back