Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Mar 17, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #1,951 of 2,486
thanks for the input,
but sorry if i was not clear..
i was meaning how to identify the "old" has channel imbalance problem from the fixed "new".
which one is this?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32275428722.html?aff_click_id=c249f074a64b440d994a640a6e44e007-1458175038450-08973-bm2aeAra&aff_platform=yy
thanks..

If the pictures there are accurate, I believe that's the new version. The old Pro I (which only had the potential to have channel imbalance, mine didn't) had kind of a small clear plastic jewelry box-like thing while this new version had an actual box packaging with foam inserts and Havi-branded carrying sack.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #1,952 of 2,486
  If the pictures there are accurate, I believe that's the new version. The old Pro I (which only had the potential to have channel imbalance, mine didn't) had kind of a small clear plastic jewelry box-like thing while this new version had an actual box packaging with foam inserts and Havi-branded carrying sack.

Those pics are correct as they match what I received also, foam inserts and a Havi-branded carrying sack all in a retail type black box.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,954 of 2,486
thanks guys..

Ya , it looks ok to me too,looking at the pictures ........but dont be surprised if you see 3 pairs of beige/tan tonesd single flange silicon tips than white, coz thats the difference I see in my latest batch from lmue,rest of the stuffs remained same. Other than that just "warm your heart",when you put them in your ears!

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #1,955 of 2,486
Ya , it looks ok to me too,looking at the pictures ........but dont be surprised if you see 3 pairs of beige/tan tonesd single flange silicon tips than white, coz thats the difference I see in my latest batch from lmue,rest of the stuffs remained same. Other than that just "warm your heart",when you put them in your ears!

All my tips were beige/tan. Nothin white. I got them a month ago.

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #1,958 of 2,486
so I haven't followed the thread for a year.. did Havi ever release a new iem sequel to the b3 pro?

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,962 of 2,486
I listen to music with an unamped iPhone and Meelectronics M6's. I lost my M6's and am looking for a ~$50 replacement. I never felt compelled to go above 40% of max volume on my unamped iPhone with the M6's. Does the B3 Pro 1's whole "needs an amp" thing mean that they literally won't be loud enough for most people, or that they don't sound good unless they are amplified? If it's the first option, how quiet are they really? If it's the second option, :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #1,963 of 2,486
  I listen to music with an unamped iPhone and Meelectronics M6's. I lost my M6's and am looking for a ~$50 replacement. I never felt compelled to go above 40% of max volume on my unamped iPhone with the M6's. Does the B3 Pro 1's whole "needs an amp" thing mean that they literally won't be loud enough for most people, or that they don't sound good unless they are amplified? If it's the first option, how quiet are they really? If it's the second option, :frowning2:

What iPhone? Newer than iPhone 5? Because if so, you can (IMO) get the B3P1 loud enough without a portable amp. And it still sounds pretty good. I'm perfectly happy with it. Sure, adding a portable amp does help it a little bit in terms of making things ever so slightly clearer with an ever so slightly larger sound stage, but by far the largest benefit in my eyes is that the portable amp takes the burden of powering the B3 so it doesn't drain your battery as quickly. That's at the cost of slightly less practicality because then you'll need to carry around a portable amp with an interconnect to your phone.

Here's my reference, which I hope will help you make a decision. I've told you that an amp will help, mainly to aid in not draining your phone battery and that it will help a little but not the exaggerated amount that you might have read elsewhere in terms of sound quality. As such, the B3 still sounds fantastic to my ears straight out of a phone. I've used it extensively directly out of my iPod Touch 5th gen (hence why I asked about your phone since my iPod has roughly the same output as an iPhone 5) and I rarely ever went higher than about 60% walking around a college campus and up and down streets near campus.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #1,964 of 2,486
Same as my case, when used iPhone 6s for RHA T20 does not issue for sound volume still provided better sound quality.
For my xiaomi Note can't without amp the sound couldn't pump out at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back