Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #1,456 of 4,032
Lol ....they always say Welcome to Headfi ..sorry about your wallet ..... But never mentioned ....take care of the other half too ...wife,partner ,gf
cool.gif

LOLOL 

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #1,457 of 4,032
Penon iem is worth 3x-4x the price. Mids reminds me the Havi mids. Slightly airier sound. But imaging is not very good. Sounds floats in the air in their own. Its wide soundstage, airy sound and imaging reminded me some kc06. Techincally and sonically (overall) both kc06 and Havi are better iems though.

It should be a good backup and/or gift iem for a B3 owner... Too good to be passed at the 10usd price point.

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #1,458 of 4,032
Having the havi b3 pro1 and the t1e is like having the best of both worlds. The Havi is great for sound stage, micro details, and balance. I use them for every genre besides edm, dubstep and pop.

That's where the t1e comes in. It has some of the most impressive, extended, and controlled bass I've ever heard. I've got quite a few hours on mine and the highs have tamed quite a bit and never seem to bright ever. The mids are very musical and engaging.

To put into perspective, they both play every genre of music very well. The difference between the two is that while they are both fantastic, they compliment each other on polar opposite sides of music genres. Owning these two, I never am left feeling like I don't have an iem that will make a particular artist, song, or style of music sound it's best because I have it in these two.

I think for anyone getting into this hobby, these two iems and a decent portable amp like the fiio, Topping, Bluebird, or soundmagic would be the best thing they could buy.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,459 of 4,032
  Hey guys.
I was thinking on pulling the trigger on altone 200, or dn1000.
But saving some money  having a decent  headphone like this one ,maybe it's a good idea.
How do you see the synergy with fiiox3?
 According to the signature  have you tested it with jazz and some  chill out?
Thanks

I haven't tested mine with the x3..
But I've done about a third of my listening exclusively to jazz mp3 320 kbps through m iPod video.
smily_headphones1.gif

They do well actually.Ella Fitzgerald, Coltrane, Armstrong, even Nina Simone, instrument separation is amazing and imaging is really good. The soundstage is expansive. These along with the neutrality for me makes the havi's really work well with jazz.
gs1000.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,460 of 4,032
Having the havi b3 pro1 and the t1e is like having the best of both worlds. The Havi is great for sound stage, micro details, and balance. I use them for every genre besides edm, dubstep and pop.

That's where the t1e comes in. It has some of the most impressive, extended, and controlled bass I've ever heard. I've got quite a few hours on mine and the highs have tamed quite a bit and never seem to bright ever. The mids are very musical and engaging.

To put into perspective, they both play every genre of music very well. The difference between the two is that while they are both fantastic, they compliment each other on polar opposite sides of music genres. Owning these two, I never am left feeling like I don't have an iem that will make a particular artist, song, or style of music sound it's best because I have it in these two.

I think for anyone getting into this hobby, these two iems and a decent portable amp like the fiio, Topping, Bluebird, or soundmagic would be the best thing they could buy.

you think the havi b3 + t1e combo > havi b3 + vsd3s combo?

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #1,461 of 4,032
Lol ....they always say Welcome to Headfi ..sorry about your wallet ..... But never mentioned ....take care of the other half too ...wife,partner ,gf
cool.gif

Lol after auditioning a westone2,um1, and rham750 with my girlfriend she was pretty happy I went with the havi's.
darthsmile.gif

I am now telling her of the ak240 and dx100.. I might get the dx50 next month.
evil_smiley.gif

But yeah.. Headfi really is bad for the wallet.
deadhorse.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #1,462 of 4,032

That's my perfect combo so far.....

We'll see what happens when my t1e arrives.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,463 of 4,032

I haven't tested mine with the x3..
But I've done about a third of my listening exclusively to jazz mp3 320 kbps through m iPod video.
smily_headphones1.gif

They do well actually.Ella Fitzgerald, Coltrane, Armstrong, even Nina Simone, instrument separation is amazing and imaging is really good. The soundstage is expansive. These along with the neutrality for me makes the havi's really work well with jazz.
gs1000.gif

They are adept with classical, too. They don't clog up during complicated and dynamic passages.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,465 of 4,032

+1,2,3 That's like exactly what I have have been saying/said too!
biggrin.gif
 Lol

Yeah, should be a budget-fi standard ~$150 setup for the time being!

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #1,467 of 4,032
When you refer to t1e is the ttpod model?
Thanks!

Yep, the TTPOD T1-E. Them and the Havi are like perfect compliments for me taking into account different genres... but both work great across all really

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #1,469 of 4,032
IMHOt1e is mmuch better. I actually did a a-b comparison. The bass is much better on t1e and treble is less hot and fatiguing. Vsd3s is better midrange and the detachable cable is cool. I prefer the sound of the t1e quite a bit more.

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,470 of 4,032
  Ordered the T1-E to complement the Havi. Let's see how it goes.

To think, this isn't even my most expensive hobby. I have a saltwater reef, planted freshwater tank, guitars, and a home theater as well.

aka I'm poor but happy.

So, we'll read T1-E vs XE800 comparison soon then 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back