Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,321 of 4,032
  I don't think there is any question that soundstage is an actual thing dependent upon microphone placement of a recording or different speakers or headphones.  It is the depth at which sound fills an area.  I just think that soundstage gets thrown around way too much here.

I do not believe that cables, sources or amps contribute to it.

Soundstage is first dependant upon mictrophone placement. Second it is VERY dependant on loudspeaker and headphone choice - some microphone techniques work well with certain types of loudspeakers, some with others - and vice versa. No universal compatibility , I am afraid.

Sorces and amps not only can, but do contribute to sounstage - if they are below par, they will be detrimental !  Cables are the least important - but given high enough quality recording and equipment used to play it back, also can influence the presentation. Within reason - the use of $1K cable with $200 source/amp is *perhaps* not the best use of finances available.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,324 of 4,032
ok so apparently there is a deal on rebranded gr07 mkii for $60.

so, with that in mind:

havis or gr07s mkii?

my music tastes: hiphop/rap, rock, edm.

I can't be sure if your music preferences will suit on both (except rock), if I speak generally (and as an ovner of GR07 mk1), I will say B3 Pro1 is better.

Does Havi have an official website

Yes , should be havi.hk

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #1,325 of 4,032
Aug 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,327 of 4,032
Okay, I know the B3 Pro responds to amping but who has found a good pairing with one of the players out there now such as the DX's or FiiO's or Hifiman players etc?

I am really in need of a new player first before anything else and want a good match so if I either don't finish building a rig for a while or at times when I just want to go more simple and portable I can do so.

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #1,328 of 4,032
  Okay, I know the B3 Pro responds to amping but who has found a good pairing with one of the players out there now such as the DX's or FiiO's or Hifiman players etc?

I am really in need of a new player first before anything else and want a good match so if I either don't finish building a rig for a while or at times when I just want to go more simple and portable I can do so.

Thanks!

Personally got my havi's paired with my fiio x5 and sound is great, plenty of power to drive the havi.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #1,331 of 4,032
I can't be sure if your music preferences will suit on both (except rock), if I speak generally (and as an ovner of GR07 mk1), I will say B3 Pro1 is better.
Yes , should be havi.hk

well the two headphones i like the most, my he400 and my hd650 both have a good amt of bass and mids. in that case, would you say that the xe800 would fit me better?

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,332 of 4,032
Thanks for the replies! May just grab an E11K now and then an X1 as they match up size-wise and can come apart to be just the X1 for the simple solution.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,333 of 4,032
well the two headphones i like the most, my he400 and my hd650 both have a good amt of bass and mids. in that case, would you say that the xe800 would fit me better?

Well I never heard xe800, bhazard is the only person you can ask in head-fi for that iem (as far as I know). If I were you I would PM him for some more details :wink:

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,334 of 4,032
I don't think there is any question that soundstage is an actual thing dependent upon microphone placement of a recording or different speakers or headphones.  It is the depth at which sound fills an area.  I just think that soundstage gets thrown around way too much here.

I do not believe that cables, sources or amps contribute to it.
I agree to a certain extent.

Sound stage IMHO is broken down into width and depth. Width is based on how far it extends on both ends, and depth in dealing with how much different sounds bounce out at you and give you a sense of instruments being in different areas of space around you while listening.

I think a large portion of that is dependent on how it is recorded like you say, but sources will change the dynamics and sound stage of an iem also. The Havi is a shining example of this IMHO

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,335 of 4,032
ok so apparently there is a deal on rebranded gr07 mkii for $60.

so, with that in mind:

havis or gr07s mkii?

Sooo first thing is first, what is this deal you are talking about?

To be honest I was think the gr07 be would be ur best bet, with sont hybrid ear tips. I think that what u can get some emphasized but clear bass.

Or if u really have ur heart set on the havis, probably a bass amp (fiio e6 or e11 if ur on a budget) and get some narrow bore tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back