Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #812 of 4,032
Link (page#) pls if thats been done already.......

I owned VSD1S since its released. VSD1S is warm, smooth with punchy bass. Upgraded from clear, airy SM E30, I didn't have WOW factor at all with VSD1S, it's just a nice IEM with different sound signature than SM E30, you will like it if you listen for a long time to get used to. If I listen SM E30 for a long time than switch to VSD1S, I will think it's muddy, and reverse, I think E30 is a bit harsh and dry when switching from VSD1S to SM E30.

However, Havi B3 really amazes me too much. It's smoother than SM E30, but not too much like VSD1S. The bass is less punchy than VSD1S, it's more neutral, and the soundstage/imaging is superb. I don't notice that sound imaging and separation in both VSD1S and SM E30, and Havi B3 makes me relisten my music collection to enjoy what I missed before. I prefer it to my Takstar Pro 80 (which also did not WOW me, just another kind of sound) due to its natural and smooth voice, and a SS to my liking.

Like peter's review, I also think it lacks a bit fun factor with just enough bass, and others (Ostry, Tenore, VSD3S) make a good pair with Havi B3 based on music type. That's why I ordered a pair of Singolos too (still not arrived).

If my Havi B3 breaks, I may consider B6 or any better-or-equal SS IEMs (I heard H3 has very good SS too) for replacement. Any good all-rounder without Havi B3's SS like VSD3/VSD3S will only replace my Singolos.

FYI, I mainly listen Havi through IDT chipset laptop + iPhone 5, which are considered not enough to drive Havi B3 properly (I ordered iFi Nano iDSD). I tried using Fiio E11 to bump up my bass and it works well, but I realized that I don't need that much of bass, SS of Havi B3 is enough for me to forget about that bass anemic.

Havi B3 + Singolo + Spiral dot tips + iFi nano iDSD may be my end-game combo now, until one of 2 IEMs break. lol

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #813 of 4,032
I owned VSD1S since its released. VSD1S is warm, smooth with punchy bass. Upgraded from clear, airy SM E30, I didn't have WOW factor at all with VSD1S, it's just a nice IEM with different sound signature than SM E30, you will like it if you listen for a long time to get used to. If I listen SM E30 for a long time than switch to VSD1S, I will think it's muddy, and reverse, I think E30 is a bit harsh and dry when switching from VSD1S to SM E30.

However, Havi B3 really amazes me too much. It's smoother than SM E30, but not too much like VSD1S. The bass is less punchy than VSD1S, it's more neutral, and the soundstage/imaging is superb. I don't notice that sound imaging and separation in both VSD1S and SM E30, and Havi B3 makes me relisten my music collection to enjoy what I missed before. I prefer it to my Takstar Pro 80 (which also did not WOW me, just another kind of sound) due to its natural and smooth voice, and a SS to my liking.

Like peter's review, I also think it lacks a bit fun factor with just enough bass, and others (Ostry, Tenore, VSD3S) make a good pair with Havi B3 based on music type. That's why I ordered a pair of Singolos too (still not arrived).

If my Havi B3 breaks, I may consider B6 or any better-or-equal SS IEMs (I heard H3 has very good SS too) for replacement. Any good all-rounder without Havi B3's SS like VSD3/VSD3S will only replace my Singolos.

FYI, I mainly listen Havi through IDT chipset laptop + iPhone 5, which are considered not enough to drive Havi B3 properly (I ordered iFi Nano iDSD). I tried using Fiio E11 to bump up my bass and it works well, but I realized that I don't need that much of bass, SS of Havi B3 is enough for me to forget about that bass anemic.

Havi B3 + Singolo + Spiral dot tips + iFi nano iDSD may be my end-game combo now, until one of 2 IEMs break. lol

Thats sounds more likely my cup of tea...even im not worried about bass but rest all that you stated. Also i have the jlab j6 with single micro dynamic driver but dont have enough energy to push more air. By the time I was about to order vsonic's 3mm micro driver(vc02) lot of detour happened.

And since B3 has micro drivers,that too twin,I wasnt sure how it really impress me,as its more of Ss01,T1 except the drivers stacked vertically and B3 horizontally placed and of like IE80 shell. But now B3 is a must have in my list......

And I appreciate your reaponse on the subject.

-TY- :beerchug:

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #814 of 4,032

+1, great way of saying it!

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #815 of 4,032
Diggin' the B3 Pro I's sound so far! Just got them from LMUE yesterday. About 10 hours burn in so far. Using Senn bi-flanges definitely opens up soundstage and treble compared with stock tips. Nice energy without being overwhelming. Cymbals sound so crisp! Bass extends nicely. More bass presence than expected from comments throughout this thread. Sounds nice with Fiio X3. Sounds better with Fiio X5. Sounds fantastic with Fiio X5 + E12 DIY!

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #817 of 4,032
So why aren't these as hyped as the ZA Tenore???

Tenore are nice - smooth and polite, but the B3 have better soundstage and a lot more energy. Better for me anyway...

I belive Havi B3 Pro 1 doesn't need that hyping, they are already above the stuff that nedds "hype" to live . . .

Better a robust thread... -IMO-

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #819 of 4,032
@nmatheis I understand, you're right on that...

It will need time for more people to pay attention...

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #820 of 4,032
I belive Havi B3 Pro 1 doesn't need that hyping, they are already above the stuff that nedds "hype" to live . . .

Better a robust thread... -IMO-

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #822 of 4,032
Just a short contribution to this thread: I got the Havi B3 Pro1 nearly 2 months ago... and never used any other IEM since (and I was usually swapping 2/3 IEMs every week).
Fantastic sound on the go via a Fiio X3, unbelievable at home through an LD II+ tube amp. 
ksc75smile.gif

Now sitting on the fence for the Havi B6.
popcorn.gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #824 of 4,032
Just dropping in to say I bought the Havi B3 Pro-1 after extensively scouring for hundreds of pages every post that compared and talked about the B3 and the Ostry KC06. Very satisfied with my purchase. As others have said, this IEM is extremely fit dependent. I have found that after swapping in and out every tip, I agree with the general consensus that the Sennheiser double flange tips (now included in every package) are far and away the best tips (for me) in both fit and sound quality. I'm very glad that this IEM was not backed by senseless hype. I had the impression that most of the people who corroborated it as a good IEM had very discerning taste and constantly gave detailed precise evaluations of its sound and performance.

One more thing I'd like to add is that while everyone seems to recommend a good amp to drive it, I am using a very cheap Fiio E7 DAC+AMP right out of my computer and it sounds very good. I have no doubt in my mind that a quality amp/source would elevate these to the next level, but even for the more casual listener who doesn't quite own the best most expensive gear, these still sound fantastic and do not disappoint. Part of why I jumped on these was that I had a feeling that even with my relatively inferior set up, I was pretty sure that they would still sound good. Thankfully I was right. The scalability with better hardware is simply a plus as in a way it's simply hedging for the future. They already sound great now, and whenever I do decide to purchase better equipment, I already know that they'll sound even better.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #825 of 4,032
umbrecensor, your words may not be senseless hype, but they make me want to senselessly order them lol! Nice impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back