Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #796 of 4,032
  Probably the dual dynamic drivers give it that nice big soundstage 
biggrin.gif

Have the b3 and the re400, the re400 has a bit more mid bass presence but the b3 extends a bit further down. The b3 does take well to a nice bass boost though. Mids on both are quite equal, the treble I find the b3 to be more forward than the re400. The b3 though truly excel in clarity and with soundstage compared to the re400. The havi I have been finding time to give them a listen while the re400 for me have been hanging around in my drawer for last few months.

very interesting, i was blown away with the re400 as my first over 100$ iem. 

the soundstage is the same size as the re400? i actually thought the re400 is just about average in terms of soundstage width, depth was pretty good.

bass boost? haha i'm playing them off my ipod touch, i probably won't touch the eq. but surprisingly even less than the re400? in terms of mid bass? maybe i should get the pro II if anything i guess. but i need to get rid of some of my gear before dropping the money on the b3

edit: 1000th post! yay!!!! =)

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #797 of 4,032
hmm...didnt find the bass weak or lacking in the havi. not lacking like a 940 for shure :p

ForgOt to mention I m using jvc spiral tips.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #798 of 4,032
hmm...didnt find the bass weak or lacking in the havi. not lacking like a 940 for shure :p
I couldn't get a seal with the havi tips. I used the one that sealed the best of the 3 sets of silicone tips, and thought the bass was lacking. When I went back and tried tips from other sets I found the right one and was like "BINGO!". they still aren't bass cannons but they sound much fuller now. I say this for anyone interested in buying them to take note. If your havi is low on the bass, experiment with tips.

It seems like the more I jam iems, the more difficult it is to get a good fitting tip. Maybe my ears are getting wore out like a loose woman's kaslopis :grin:

Okay time to tone it down a tad, I like head fi and don't want to get booted.

Head fi on

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #799 of 4,032
  very interesting, i was blown away with the re400 as my first over 100$ iem. 

the soundstage is the same size as the re400? i actually thought the re400 is just about average in terms of soundstage width, depth was pretty good.

bass boost? haha i'm playing them off my ipod touch, i probably won't touch the eq. but surprisingly even less than the re400? in terms of mid bass? maybe i should get the pro II if anything i guess. but i need to get rid of some of my gear before dropping the money on the b3

edit: 1000th post! yay!!!! =)

Soundstage greater on the b3, excels at clarity over the re400. There is less bass on the b3 over the re400 but it really is quite a tad less and not big a deal for me personally. And nice 1000th post :)

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #800 of 4,032
Finally got my pair of Havi B3's and I have to say "OMG!", they are amazing! 
atsmile.gif

I've ordered them on penonaudio over 4 weeks ago, somehow they were send to the false address, to the same street but the false house number. Weird, because on the package was the right address  labeled. 
Anyway, I've ordered the Zero Audio Tenore 3 days after the B3 and got them, I believe, one and a half week ago. So I had some days to get to used to their sound signature  (btw I have two pairs a reference and a gassy). I was really impressed by how good they sound for their price tag, worth way more I would say, although I've heard only few really high-end stuff.
Now I've finally got the B3 and can compare them to each other. First I was pissed off that the shipping needed that long, but when I tried the B3 for the first time I was so shocked. The track was by London Grammar, I was last weekend at music festival where they played, and the B3 sounded so natural, I had to giggle. And this was with the stock ear tips 
bigsmile_face.gif
. I was really happy to get them after the tenore. If I had get them first I think I would be disappointed by the soundstage of the tenore, cause many praised them like hell on this regard and I was really pleased, but the B3 with it's depth is killing it for the price tag of 60$. 

So I'm really happy right now, the tenore for the usual listening and the b3 for live concerts and vocal focused music. Get them connected to my Ibasso DX50, which serve them enough juice and gigs of highRes 
biggrin.gif

And there you have it a nice potent bargain setup for $250, if you can get the player used.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #801 of 4,032
I couldn't get a seal with the havi tips. I used the one that sealed the best of the 3 sets of silicone tips, and thought the bass was lacking. When I went back and tried tips from other sets I found the right one and was like "BINGO!". they still aren't bass cannons but they sound much fuller now. I say this for anyone interested in buying them to take note. If your havi is low on the bass, experiment with tips.

It seems like the more I jam iems, the more difficult it is to get a good fitting tip. Maybe my ears are getting wore out like a loose woman's kaslopis :grin:

Okay time to tone it down a tad, I like head fi and don't want to get booted.

Head fi on

haha I've experienced the same, the double flanges were horrible for me =/. The stock one which was mounted when they arrived worked well, but I will also try some other the next few days for a even better SQ 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #802 of 4,032
atsmile.gif

I've ordered them on penonaudio over 4 weeks ago, somehow they were send to the false address, to the same street but the false house number. Weird, because on the package was the right address  labeled. 
Anyway, I've ordered the Zero Audio Tenore 3 days after the B3 and got them, I believe, one and a half week ago. So I had some days to get to used to their sound signature  (btw I have two pairs a reference and a gassy). I was really impressed by how good they sound for their price tag, worth way more I would say, although I've heard only few really high-end stuff.
Now I've finally got the B3 and can compare them to each other. First I was pissed off that the shipping needed that long, but when I tried the B3 for the first time I was so shocked. The track was by London Grammar, I was last weekend at music festival where they played, and the B3 sounded so natural, I had to giggle. And this was with the stock ear tips 
bigsmile_face.gif
. I was really happy to get them after the tenore. If I had get them first I think I would be disappointed by the soundstage of the tenore, cause many praised them like hell on this regard and I was really pleased, but the B3 with it's depth is killing it for the price tag of 60$. 

So I'm really happy right now, the tenore for the usual listening and the b3 for live concerts and vocal focused music. Get them connected to my Ibasso DX50, which serve them enough juice and gigs of highRes 
biggrin.gif

And there you have it a nice potent bargain setup for $250, if you can get the player used.

Nice impressions, I'm glad you're happy with both your new toys. The B3 for the right kind of music is truley amazing.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #804 of 4,032
  thanks was just so amazed that I had to share my brief impressions, will write more if I feel that I have to. 
wink_face.gif

That's  great 
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #805 of 4,032
atsmile.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

biggrin.gif

i have both too...Havi is the more serious instrument to my taste/ears, Tenore is leisure :p

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #806 of 4,032
i have both too...Havi is the more serious instrument to my taste/ears, Tenore is leisure :p

Bought a burned-in pair of Tenore in the For Sale forums awhile back. Just got the Havi B3 Pro I today. Totally agree with your statement, Lorspeaker. Tenore are much more laid-back than the Havi, which are much more energetic. I was prepared for weak-ish bass with the Havi but have been impressed so far using M double-flange tips (listening to Yoshimi by The Flaming Lips). Pretty comfortable for such a large shell, too. Not a bad purchase :).

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #808 of 4,032

Spot on!

The Havi's are different and combined with a Tenore, KC06, VSD3S, UE600 or AX-35, which ever one suits you best, you'll have a seriously good combintation for $120-130.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back