Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #783 of 4,032
@bhazard

Sorry about your Tenores. For what it's worth I prefer the vsd3s over the Tenores by quite some margin.

The KC06 didn't do much for me tbh.

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #787 of 4,032
  nice review Peter12.  thanks for pointing out how the different oems compare on different kinds of music! well done!
you too are dangerous to my wallet my friend!  oh lendmeyourears, here i go..

Thank you for the kind words drblue 
beerchug.gif

This site is dangerous to all our wallets.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #789 of 4,032
hi all, these havi really caught my eye! from what i got from skimming through a lot of the posts, correct me if i'm wrong of course!

is that their dual dynamic drivers? is it vented?

everyone talks about their soundstage (in terms of heigh and width) which i got basically drilled in my head now, which is very intriguing. the design alone looks so premium it makes me wanna buy it already but that soundstage definitely makes this even more intriguing.

some mentioned the bass is not really deep reaching or full bodied. i'm coming from gr07be and re400 which i find the bass to be suffice (the gr07be more so) so i like a bit, just a bit more bass than neutral. has anyone tried fiddling around with some tips (maybe the sony hybrids to bump up that bass?)

how does the mids and the treble stack up? in terms of naturalness and extension? like many i'm debating on between these, the tenores, and the bassos.

would love it if i can be a mini gr07be really (if it matches or surpasses it even better) because to me the gr07be is basically the perfect iem for me. but its so expensive i'm worried about it breaking, plus its always nice to have a similar sound if vsonic does stop producing it like the gr07 mk II. i feel it might happen soon. =(

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #790 of 4,032
Probably the dual dynamic drivers give it that nice big soundstage 
biggrin.gif

Have the b3 and the re400, the re400 has a bit more mid bass presence but the b3 extends a bit further down. The b3 does take well to a nice bass boost though. Mids on both are quite equal, the treble I find the b3 to be more forward than the re400. The b3 though truly excel in clarity and with soundstage compared to the re400. The havi I have been finding time to give them a listen while the re400 for me have been hanging around in my drawer for last few months.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #791 of 4,032
  Probably the dual dynamic drivers give it that nice big soundstage 
biggrin.gif

Have the b3 and the re400, the re400 has a bit more mid bass presence but the b3 extends a bit further down. The b3 does take well to a nice bass boost though. Mids on both are quite equal, the treble I find the b3 to be more forward than the re400. The b3 though truly excel in clarity and with soundstage compared to the re400. The havi I have been finding time to give them a listen while the re400 for me have been hanging around in my drawer for last few months.

Yep. The RE-400 was my first high quality IEM, and it blew me away... but the Havi is even better.

Very underrated the Havi Pro 1. Deserves more recognition.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #792 of 4,032
  Very underrated the Havi Pro 1. Deserves more recognition.

+1000, thanks again for bringing it to my attentetion originally 
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #794 of 4,032
  Someone randomly pointed it out in the chinese thread a long time ago, and I took a chance on it. Glad I did. Would love to see an affordable future flagship from them.

Yeah, I totally agree. Bring out the B6 
gs1000.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #795 of 4,032
Me thank you both again bhazard peter123 as I did in the begining of this thread!

B6 will show up but it will take some more time... It shouldn't be easy for them to best an already great iem (IMO) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back