Have you startd thinking everything in terms of headphones
Jun 30, 2006 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

gunz_drawn

Head-Fier
After visiting headfi and catching on the 'fever' everything's worth has been in terms of headphones..
like:

OMG! i blew all that money on clothes,i could've bought a sr60

or

Could have bought the k701 instead goin to that stupid vacation

nothings the same anymore

Anyone become more "can-calculative"??

Jun 30, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 27
Yes. Sometimes I dispair at how much friends and family spend on non-essentials like food, clothes, rent and petrol.

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 27
Funny... so if a young man is about to propose to a lovely young lady he can say:

I could buy a $3,000 engagement ring or
buy here a $2,000 engagement ring and a AKG K1000s
eggosmile.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 27
Nope. I am about where I want to be with headphones and amps. Now on to upgraded, state of the art (today), DAC's and loudspeakers. Audio servers look cool and tempting as well. Check out the Cambridge Audio, Audiofile, very cool. Don't need one but want one. AKG K1000 is over rated in my opinion. And then there is always software. Need discs to listen to. There are always box sets and other cd's on my want list. If I ever get them all it won't be fun anymore. Sometimes the chase is better than the catch.

Jun 30, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 27
Haha, I love keeping pet fish (ohhh if only I had the room).

But yea, Recently I have started to think of things in terms of headphones.

A vacation........ Why, I could get a new RS-2 for that price.

Then I wonder about things like.... "Imagine how much audio stuff people could buy, if they quit smoking.", etc.

It's its own addiction. :sigh:

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 27
I eat instant ramen and the free food at work for lunch, so I have enough on my budget to compensate for audio equipment. Some weeks I'll even starve. Whatever it takes to fund the addiction!

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 27
The worst dilemmas come when you have the money to spend and cant decide exactly what to spend it on. By all rights I should make a digital source upgrade my first priority, but theres a pair of floorstanding speakers I really want, and another headphone I want too.

Oh the frustration.

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
The worst dilemmas come when you have the money to spend and cant decide exactly what to spend it on. By all rights I should make a digital source upgrade my first priority, but theres a pair of floorstanding speakers I really want, and another headphone I want too.

Oh the frustration.

Or when you start funding for something else and it ends up just leading to headphones..

Jun 30, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #14 of 27
yes. to sell the car or not to sell the car...

Jun 30, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #15 of 27
As I walk through the day, endless names of headphone amps dance through my head...burned there from dreams I once had...reading Head-Fi and wondering what to buy next.

...yeah, I'm OK.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back