Have you sold parts of your 2 ch. rig to buy gear for your headphone rig?
Apr 1, 2004 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

meech

500+ Head-Fier
I've become so hooked on my headphone rig that I've literally started selling parts of my stereo to raise money. I just hope that once I have my dream system at the end of this year that I'll still have some part of my 2 channel system left. Has anyone else gone down this path before?

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 9
narh, never, i love my Speakers!
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 9
I just sold my speakers a couple of weeks ago. For years they had been my babies, I used to work for the company, had a small part in their design and built parts of them myself. It was rather traumatic letting them go but I couldn't justify keeping them anymore. I just don't listen to my speaker system seriously anymore, it's there for background music and movies and that's about it. So I replaced them with Paradigm Atoms and am putting the rest of the money into my headphone rig. First up is the Cambridge 640C which I received last night, next a pair of open headphones so I can listen in the summer without my ears burning off.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 9
You don't part with Spendors......

They are institution that one can never leave. Very rarely do they come up for sale in the classified ads, such is their following.

I still hanker for the LS3/5As though! Soon as I get back to work i'm getting some, even if it kills me finding them.

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 9
I don't have much of a 2 channel rig so there's not much to sell haha
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Have you sold parts of your 2 ch. rig to buy gear for your headphone rig?

Confusing question. So far, my headphone rigs have all been 2 channel rigs, while the speaker rig I use most is multi-channel. The limiting factor on the headphone rigs seems to be the number of ears I've got.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]...This was before the accident at the nuclear reactor, of course
very_evil_smiley.gif
[/size]

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 9
Nay, my 2 ch rig is so cheap it wouldn't pay for anything I need in my headphone rig. For me, I end up selling off headphone rig stuff to buy new headphone rig stuff. It's the only way I can afford the stuff I'm looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back