Have You Ever Found An Old Pair of Headphones and Fell in Love Again?
Apr 8, 2019 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jazz1

1000+ Head-Fier
Today, my spousal assignment required that I clean out my "junk" closet in the basement. I don't call it junk, you can guess who does :dt880smile:

I found many feet of discarded wires, an Apple Newton, adapters and cables. As I was pulling them out what dangled by the cord, but a Sennheiser 650 HD! I couldn't remember if they had died or I was simply lured away by newer headphones.

So, I rushed to my headphone amp. and sure enough the dusty headphones powered up. What a treat! What the heck was wrong with me? These beauties are going to join my other headphones on the stand next to my amp. and DAC.:L3000:

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Actually, I found an old pair of headphones and fell in love for the first time. Having finally bought a desktop amp after nearly 10 years of owning a 250ohm DT880. Hearing them properly powered was basically like hearing them for the first time.

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 5
I remembered i had a pair of HD25's over the weekend and sought them out, immediately fell in love with them. Used them for sounddesk monitoring / mixing in the past , not listening to music for relaxation so never really appreciated them and never compared them, now i realise what I had been missing.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 5
I used to own a pair of Grado SR60 but I gave it to a friend. I’m sure if I saw a pair, I would enjoy it. Even though they’re basically budget headphones, I thought they were pleasant overall. Maybe I might buy a pair again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back