have UE's been in Best Buy stores for a while?
Oct 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chud

500+ Head-Fier
I was just in there the other day and I saw some Super 4's. I can't recall ever seeing them in there before. I guess because of the Logitech buyout they can afford to have more retail presence?

Anyway, I died a little on the inside.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Why did you die a little on the inside? They're the same headphones as before...they're just in a best buy now.

I think we should be happy to see them in a retail outlet. It means more people have a better chance of finding good headphones. I was ecstatic to see a pair of the AKG in-ears in the retailer I work for. I sell them to people looking for good headphones and am always happy to see higher-end headphones in non-specialized retail outlet.

I dunno...that's just my "zwei geld".

Have a good one,

-Nylan

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Doesnt radioshack carry a special version of UE iems? I've seen them around in bestbuy and was able to demo a pair at a local guitarcenter as well. Among iem manufacturers, I think UE's have the most "instore" presence. I'd love to see some Grado's in a store and anything beyond the throwaway sennheiser and akg models as well.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 5
I died a little because I hope they don't lose their original focus on quality products. The temptation of moving volumes of units can lead to cut corners throughout.

I do love the idea of higher end audio products in a more visible outlet to benefit the average consumer though.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesnt radioshack carry a special version of UE iems? I've seen them around in bestbuy and was able to demo a pair at a local guitarcenter as well. Among iem manufacturers, I think UE's have the most "instore" presence. I'd love to see some Grado's in a store and anything beyond the throwaway sennheiser and akg models as well.

i THINK RadioShack had the Super 3's for a while. Don't know if they still do or not.

why doesn't Grado put the iGrado's into the retail B&M market? they're already made in China. they look retro-ish, which is in. they come in the plastic hangable packaging. sell those in Best Buy (maybe the 60's as well) and keep the rest to the specialty stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back