have ipod; need headphones
Oct 18, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #31 of 42
Or they may love them and think you're nuts
tongue.gif
The VAST majority of E3 users, myself included, are very happy with them.

Oct 18, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pov
Or they may love them and think you're nuts
tongue.gif
The VAST majority of E3 users, myself included, are very happy with them.

That's why we're all here right?
smily_headphones1.gif
I've discovered (by spending lots of $$) that my preference is for bright cans that have stronger bass than average, but not Beyer 770-80 strong. I also interpret rolled off highs as lack of detail, because the highs contain most of the detail to my ears. This might explain my dislike of the Shures and AKG 271s.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #33 of 42
I myself may buy the e3c in one of the next few weeks.
I have never heard them, but if they sound bad, I can return them.
Is there a better choice for cheaper.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #34 of 42
I have the EX71 which I really like, and I much prefer to the E3s. The MD33s are meant to be as comfortable but better sounding, you could try them. http://audiocubes.com stocks them, and has a 15 day return policy - not sure if they do returns with canal phones though, but they're pretty cheap, it'd be hard to go wrong with them from what i've read.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #35 of 42
md33 is made by whom? i'm thinking i might get two pairs. the ksc whatever's
biggrin.gif
for da bus, and some grado sr80's for my more thoughtful home (lossless) and possibly bike ride listening. i hike a lot, and love to listen to music. but it's a bit dangerous because we've got lions tigers and well you know what ! oh my! (ok, maybe not lions and tigers)

Oct 18, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #37 of 42
i'm going to have to rescind what i said about the ksc-35's. i've had a pair with that kind of ear clip, and it drove me bonkers. i actually recieved a pair of portapro's today, and i can't imagine those would leak less sound. i actually am waiting on my pod (anybody know how to get a hold of the guy you're buying from on ebay, when every email i send gets returned
confused.gif
) i've never had a good pair of cans before, and i plugged in my portapro's to a super el cheapo audio(something) cd player, enya's "may it be" came up, and i dropped to my knees. not kidding. blown away. i love good music! i've been missing out

Oct 18, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
md33 is made by whom? i'm thinking i might get two pairs. the ksc whatever's
biggrin.gif
for da bus, and some grado sr80's for my more thoughtful home (lossless) and possibly bike ride listening. i hike a lot, and love to listen to music. but it's a bit dangerous because we've got lions tigers and well you know what ! oh my! (ok, maybe not lions and tigers)

Why do people always ask when they can just go to the website and work it out for themselves? It's sharp.

I have 3 pairs of full sized cans, 1 pair of portables: 1 type of headphones rarely covers all situations. Well around here it doesn't.

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Why do people always ask when they can just go to the website and work it out for themselves? It's sharp.

I have 3 pairs of full sized cans, 1 pair of portables: 1 type of headphones rarely covers all situations. Well around here it doesn't.

k1000smile.gif

600smile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

have ipod; need headphones

Have ipod, have [lots of] headphones, need $$$
frown.gif

seriously - if you want to go for canal phones there's plenty of info here comparing and contrasting them all. IMHO if you want more extended highs and are willing to sacrifice some visceral bass, go with ety, if you want fuller sound with a bias towards warm with some roll off in highs, go with shure. The best bang for the buck with shure is the E2. I've owned E2, E3, and now E5. I've kept the E5 (expensive and sound best - full size can sound) and sold the others but like I said, best bang for the buck is E2. I also think the Ety er4 beat the shure E3 in terms of wow factor though for classic rock you might like shure signature better.

If you are uncertain, try asking Todd for an audition to try them before you buy.

I've heard the grado sr-80 and they are very nice and fun but IMO too big for portable with ipod and provide no isolation at all.

Never heard the Senn HD-25-1 but would seriously consider them based on opinions here - would want to try them before I buy or have a guaranteed return policy though to be safe.

good luck

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #42 of 42
my brother used a pair of grados on the bus all the time. He didnt seem to have a problem with it. It's just that everyone gets to hear what your listening to, and if you listen to good music, you will make friends
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back