Have Ibasso P2, would I have a need for Fiio E6?
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fateicon

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to shore up my on the go rig and was curious if the E6 is any kind of upgrade over an Ibasso P2. The P2 does a good job connected to my Sansa clip zip's headphone out, but I find that when using my RS-1 the deeper bass frequencies are a bit much(the L Cush pads are flaking but I'm not sure the sound is changing bc of it). I think it was like that when I used to connect the P2 to my Arcam 73, but less so. It's definitely warmer connected to the Sansa as albums that sounded fatiguing coming from the Arcam are not when played through the Sansa. I'm having to just about max the volume on the Sansa and almost max it using the highest gain setting on the P2. I read that I should try replay gain since many old cds pressed before the late 80s are mastered quiet. I read that the E6 is more neutral. I'm curious if it has more power than a P2. Ideally I'd like something to drive my K701 as that's what I always use at home w/the heed canamp. The O2 seems like what I would use there. The E6 might be useful for when I resume working out as it looks to be significantly smaller than the P2. When I say on the go, I'm mainly going to be using these portable amps in other parts of my home, on the plane, or in a hotel. The only time size would be an issue is when using it during physical activity. I wouldn't mind using an O2 on a plane or in a hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back