Have Been Rocking Some 250OHM DT770's - Love Them But Looking For More
Jan 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Almost Tactful

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I've been using a pair of DT770's like the title says and I started on a PA2v2 amp, and moved over to my Sony DG800 as my amp for now. I'm looking at picking up a Schiit Valhalla and another set of cans. I love my 770's but I'm looking for more low end, they need to be a closed can tho as I wear them here in the studio and open cans would be way to loud at the volumes I listen to. As far as the budget goes I'm looking to drop up to $300 on the cans as well as $350 on that amp.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club Try that thread you might get a few more ideas. You are sort of rocking one of the kings of low end for your price range. So it might be a tough one for a lot of people to answer. You could try maybe the 80ohms I have read they have more low end then the 250ohm. The 250ohm is sort of the balanced end of that headphone series. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hey everyone, I've been using a pair of DT770's like the title says and I started on a PA2v2 amp, and moved over to my Sony DG800 as my amp for now. I'm looking at picking up a Schiit Valhalla and another set of cans. I love my 770's but I'm looking for more low end, they need to be a closed can tho as I wear them here in the studio and open cans would be way to loud at the volumes I listen to. As far as the budget goes I'm looking to drop up to $300 on the cans as well as $350 on that amp.

Thanks in advance!

Heya,

Look into:

Used Denon D2000
Denon D600's
Mr Speaker Mad Dog's
AudioTechnica A900X

And don't bother with the Valhalla. It's an OTL tube, for high-impedance headphones. Most "bassy" headphones that your'e looking for are lower impedance headphones.

Use any amp you want that is solid state. Add a digizoid ZO as a pre-amp and you can take bass to any world you want. Or simply equalize for free.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back