Hate Bose? you are Poor & Tasteless
Jul 23, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #46 of 60
I feel ___nausous_____ when others know less than I do about ___nausea____. When I preach to the choir about it, so they can agree, I feel even more ___like I'm going to hurl____and I like it. The end.

<3 QV

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #49 of 60
nana212kt2.jpg

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #50 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, he doesn't fail. He posted a humorous thread wherein the Bose fanatics showed the reasons quite a few people dislike the Bose community as much as the products themselves. Overweening arrogance, generally uninformed viewpoints, and an absolute inability to think that something else might be better than Bose (especially when said people have never even bothered to use anything but Bose products and still continue to rabidly support Bose as "the best ever") are all good reasons, to me, to poke fun at the Bose community.

Note that poking fun, and bashing, aren't the same thing.

Some people take themselves just a bit too seriously for an internet forum.

I think all are tired of Bashing Bose...i am quite new to Head-fi so didnt know that.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think all are tired of Bashing Bose...i am quite new to Head-fi so didnt know that.

Being new myself, I didn't realize bashing Bose bashers was quite as popular as it seems to be.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #54 of 60
just got back...after bout a month of traveling. good times.

Don't quite see the need for pro-Bose/Anti-Bose comments at all. Like what you like, you're free to do so. I personally wouldn't recommend Bose products to others, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to speak against their products.

Basically QFT on Kirosia and m11a1's posts.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got back...after bout a month of traveling. good times.

Don't quite see the need for pro-Bose/Anti-Bose comments at all. Like what you like, you're free to do so. I personally wouldn't recommend Bose products to others, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to speak against their products.

Basically QFT on Kirosia and m11a1's posts.

But isn't said expression of dislike for Bose the same thing as, say, a poster giving their opinion on not liking Grados, or Ultrasones, or a specific amp?

People should be free to speak their opinions without others telling them not to, regardless of how cliche those opinions are. If no one could really talk about their opinions, there'd be absolutely no need for forums like this, where just about everything discussed is subjective. Granted, sometimes the whole "anti-Bose" thing gets out of hand but then, no one's making anyone click on a Bose thread when they're tired of hearing about Bose-bashing.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #56 of 60
I agree. Shut this one down. These "bash threads" are useless and do not add anything to the discussion. Plus they end up taking the commenters to dark places. Awhile back I called out other comments for ridiculous bashing of Skullcandy products. Earlier in this thread I made comments of a similar nature. I pulled the useless comments and am walking away from this one clean. I'm not falling into the BS trap again.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #57 of 60
Bose isn't all that bad sound and function wise. But its seriously overpriced for what its is... Imo that is.
That may be why it don't have much love around here.

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #59 of 60
omg..^^that's like the guy from 28 weeks later

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #60 of 60
Ok, kids, even I've reached my limit.

Thread locked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back