Hate Bose? you are Poor & Tasteless
Jul 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 60
Yup, time to grow up a bit.

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #17 of 60
BeatDeadHorse.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Head-Fi should put Bose in the politics and religion category.

Great idea !!!!!!!! Can't belive I even bother reading threads with bose in the title.

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Nocturnal

Lol...what point are u trying to make?

my post is making a point unlike u. FAIL.

That's why they make sense.

You yourself appear uninformed, seeing as you think everyone here who bashes them does it unnecessarily, and that there aren't fanatics in regards to everything. People here have actually owned and tried bose products, and find them sub-par in regards to value. And of course there are those who've never tried them yet dislike them, and those who haven't tried anything else and consider Bose the pinnacle of audio. It's all head-fi common knowledge.

Actually, he doesn't fail. He posted a humorous thread wherein the Bose fanatics showed the reasons quite a few people dislike the Bose community as much as the products themselves. Overweening arrogance, generally uninformed viewpoints, and an absolute inability to think that something else might be better than Bose (especially when said people have never even bothered to use anything but Bose products and still continue to rabidly support Bose as "the best ever") are all good reasons, to me, to poke fun at the Bose community.

Note that poking fun, and bashing, aren't the same thing.

Some people take themselves just a bit too seriously for an internet forum.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
snip

It's fail because, like many people already pointed out, it's beating a dead horse. It's nothing new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I found a new one:

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I was looking for the South Park version with Jared beating on the dead AIDS horse, but I can't find it anywhere, and I don't know how to take screenshots from my DVDs
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Some people take themselves just a bit too seriously for an internet forum.

He started a thread to make fun of bose lovers. It was funny the first dozen times it appeared on the forum, but now it really is beating a dead horse. Seeing as pretty everyone else agrees, I'd have to say I'm not completely off.

And I get the feeling you're still peeved over our previous encounter. Some people take themselves just a bit too seriously for an internet forum.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

He started a thread to make fun of bose lovers. It was funny the first dozen times it appeared on the forum, but now it really is beating a dead horse. Seeing as pretty everyone else agrees, I'd have to say I'm not completely off.

And I get the feeling you're still peeved over our previous encounter. Some people take themselves just a bit too seriously for an internet forum.

Actually, I didn't even recognize you until you mentioned it. I tend to dismiss the unimportant.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking for the South Park version with Jared beating on the dead AIDS horse, but I can't find it anywhere, and I don't know how to take screenshots from my DVDs
frown.gif

beatthedeadhorse.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #28 of 60
Demonic, before you turn this into another thread where you ignore everything I say, call me a sheep, backpedal, then prove whatever point I make for me, stop. It's stupid, useless, and quite pathetic. Why don't you make better use of your time and oh, I dunno... start a thread on fast cars?

Quote:

It's threads like this that make Head-fi feel like kindergarten these days.

I miss snack time. If we still had it, there'd be less arguing on the forum. Apple juice doesn't judge.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Demonic, before you turn this into another thread where you ignore everything I say, call me a sheep, backpedal, then prove whatever point I make for me, stop. It's stupid, useless, and quite pathetic. Why don't you make better use of your time and oh, I dunno... start a thread on fast cars?

Actually, I wasn't going to, as I was done with my last comment.

Like I said, some people take internet forums way too seriously - especially the off-topic section.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Like I said, some people take internet forums way too seriously - especially the off-topic section.
wink.gif

You're right, anyone who (quite poorly) attempts to target and bait another member from a previous argument in a new thread is truly a sad fellow. (Try saying that fives times fast 0_0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back