Has The Internet Robbed You of TV Suspense and Cliffhangers
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iq160plus

100+ Head-Fier
I was sick the last week, in bed just like so many people.  I watched the first two seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix.  I found torrent shares for seasons 3, 4 and first half of 5, which is every released episode.

I watched them all without having to wait a week in-between each episode.  No waiting , any suspense.  I feel cheated but can't help myself.  Tail end of cold and now watching West Wing.  Finished Season 1 in two days.

I never sit in front of a television to watch shows (been that way for my adult life).  Internet access has definately changed my viewing habits

Comment's?

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 5
Dec 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Still piracy.

The issue is, so many shows today have so many story lines and threads (the Wire is a great example) that waiting a week between every episode and then a year in between seasons isn't that suspensful - you just forget what happened, and often stop caring.  Shows like that I've just found are great to run through when you have, say, pneumonia.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 5
TV series are meant to be seen in 24h marathons to get the most out of them. It sucks so much having to wait a week and all those awful commercials!!!!! My god will you ever get used to that? Public service tv could work though I can´t afford HD quality. That is the reason they have resumes but that just steal valuable time if you watch series as they should. There is no negative being able to buy a complete series and watch them in a row. You won´t complete a season much faster by watching it on tv. I refuse to pay insane amounts of money for HDTV for me it´s still cheaper to buy tv series on bluray and I get a much better idea if they are worth watching and can watch them as many times I like.

As for movies it also got better there. More movies are now being released simultaneously around the world. Piracy has done the media more good then harm really. What was the point with having to wait six month for a movie or a year for a tv show? Air shipping has been available for many years by now not to mention internet... Makes no sense whatsoever more then the distributors could be lazy and still get their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back