Has anyone tried the Walker SST stuff yet?
Apr 1, 2004 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
I am really curious to see if this stuff really works, but I have not seen anything I consider a "neutral" review of it. I may buy a bottle upon my return and try it out on some tubes, and with the 30 day money back guaruntee, it will likely be worth it.

Here's an ad for the stuff on Audiogon:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....wek&1085388031

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 13
No one? Not a single person out of 10000+. Well, it looks like I'll have to try out a bottle of it and see what happens. At least I'll have the 30 day period to return it if necessary.

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm too scared too.
evil_smiley.gif

Reviews on audioasylum and audiocirlce have all been very positivie but I don't want to damage my equipment..

Biggie.

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 13
Biggie,

Yeah, anything with USE AT YOU OWN RISK, in the advertising makes one take pause. I guess the big deal is don't use too much, and watch where you apply it. I think that with tubes and their corroded pins this could be an easy fix. A small buffer wheel on a Dremel or something to buff off the corrosion, then quickly apply a small layer of this stuff, and see what happens.

Hey, if you order it and change your mind, you can always send it back.
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Mad DOg over at AC just did an impressions thread on it over the last two days or so.

Thanks for the link to the read. I liked his latest article on the Eichmann products. I guess his vote of confidence was all I needed. I'm definitely trying a bottle for myself. Hopefully the price doesn't go up in the next 12 days.

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 13
TB1,

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess this just saved me about $35. They appear to be the same product, so other than the cheap applicators you get with the Walker stuff, it appears to be the same.

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #10 of 13
You know, since this is supposed to be good for MANY applications, I was wondering if a few of us in this area would be willing to share a bottle
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
You know, since this is supposed to be good for MANY applications, I was wondering if a few of us in this area would be willing to share a bottle
tongue.gif

You buy, I try. Sound good?
biggrin.gif

I really would prefer not to spend even another $35 when you consider the latest list of additions in the new SoCal meet thread. If it works I'm willing to buy some to have down here. I can treat a couple of tubes while in the states, and if it works I'll buy some and bring it down with me.

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #12 of 13
I really shouldn't be thinking about anything like this either...but these guys make it sound so earthshatteringly good! Maybe if enough people split it, I can chip in too
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #13 of 13
Never mind. The half price deal is only if you buy some other expensive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back