1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried the Creative EP-650's?

1. kwitel
    I have loved the ep-630's for years now; recently lost mine and am wondering if there is a reason to now go with the 650's instead?

2. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

EP-650 is EP-630 special edition (with a chrome finish). Given there is actual $30 IEM out there that sounds better, I  don't see a lot of point on getting what essentially is the same IEM twice. If you want a Creative, the $80 Aurvana In-Ear 2 is a much better buy.

3. kwitel

Quote:

Clie-thanks for the reply; just finished reading your review.
    They look quite nice but you dont seem to be overly impressed with them.
    Ive read a number of great reviews of the Nuforce ne6s; can you compare/contrast those with the Aurvana?

Thanks.

4. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

I wasn't too impressed by the In-Ear2 because it cost $100 when I was reviewing it, but now it is $80, making it a much more competitive product.

NE6 is the mic-less version of NE7M. A decent product on its own and a big jump from EP630, but nowhere as good as the Aurvana. Check out the the Concise Multi-IEM Comparison linked in my sig. I have all three of them (NE-7M, EP-630 and Aurvana IE2) listed there.

5. kwitel

Quote:

"nowhere as good" is a strong statement...

I have some reading to do. What is your fave sub $50 and sub $100 IEM (s)?

6. ClieOS Contributor
    Quote:
    NE-7M / NE6 are decent IEM when they were first out, but 2 year+ is a quite a long time for IEM market, where turnover can be as short as half-a-year.

My current favorite sub$100 IEM will probably be both RE0 (with a good amp, I might add) and Phiaton PS210. Favorite sub$50 will probably be MEElectronics CW31, which I will review in a couple of weeks.

7. DigDub
    the creative inear2 is my favorite pair of phones now when i want something laid back.

8. kwitel

Quote:

Have you tried the ne-700's?

9. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:
    No, not yet.

10. cnhardwick

Second on the CW31 for current favorite under $50 IEM. I am going to see about getting a review up today.