Has anyone tried Bose ae2 or Sony mdr's??
Jan 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thevisi0nary

New Head-Fier
Ive been on a quest for good headphones, i have a sinus problem that causes me to have headaches with mild amounts of pressure so that eliminates many from the list. I tried the bose ae2, they are the most comfortable headphones ive ever worn and they sounded decent, but i got convinved to take them back because many people were telling me they arent good for mixing. I bought the beyerdynamic DT 770 pro and they sound awesome but they are just to tight so i am trying to break the comfort in but if the event i have to take them back im trying to figure out where to go next. The bose really are just amazing for comfort there is nothing like it, and i havent tried the sony's but they seem comfortable and i wanted to know if anyone has tried those. I would really like some input on this. I also plan to get this

the vrm reference box
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4699355525943191767?hl=en&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=serp&tok=VDJyhO5kbWIpC-e-zSBh2g&ds=sh&pq=vrm+box&cp=6&gs_id=7m&xhr=t&q=vrm%20box&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=vrm+bo&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ&bpcl=40096503&biw=1366&bih=624&bs=1&sa=X&ei=UELjUK3sGcrj0QHs2oC4BQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFcQxBUwAA

i was told that even with the bose ae2 not being the best for mixing this can make up for that by giving me different perspectives, is that true?

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Best advice is get what YOU believe sounds good. Don't return things because people tell you 2. Most people are BOSE haters. I have the AE2 and I love them. You seem like you know what you really like, so just get them. You were happy with them and that is all that matters.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Best advice is get what YOU believe sounds good. Don't return things because people tell you 2. Most people are BOSE haters. I have the AE2 and I love them. You seem like you know what you really like, so just get them. You were happy with them and that is all that matters.

They weren't made for mixing. You should actually hear other headphones in its price range.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
They weren't made for mixing. You should actually hear other headphones in its price range.

Oh no I agree with you. You should test out everything. Alot of people return things though just because other people say they suck, even if the person listening believes it sounds good. Never a fan of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back