Has anyone seen these before (Superlux HD668B)
Sep 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Gain

New Head-Fier
I picked up a pair of these at the Infocom show last year in Orlando. They sound pretty good. pretty great if you take into consideration i only paid $20.

Superlux

HD668_black_mirror_box_opt.jpg

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 16
No, but they look cool. And seeing how they are using some of the AKG 240 series parts/design there's some quality there. The 240 series are fantastic. If these perform anywhere near as well as the 240's $20 is a great deal.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 16
Sep 17, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 16
I have the superlux dt770-m clone here. I find it to be unbelievably crappy.

You've heard of chinese prison labor, right? I think the HD660 is manufactured by the guys who get fired from the regular prison factories.

They actually used hand-cut strips of what appears to have been white t-shirt fabric as gasketing material, for example.

I keep meaning to give it a proper dressing down, with photos, etc. I'll get around to it eventually.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 16
Superlux is defiantly doing something right hope they keep hiring those who step up to the plate and get fired. a great company with great reviews on their products. I have the HD661 and really like them as much as the 240 they sound like, anywho if anyone knows where i can buy the HD668B in the US please let me know?

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 16
i got mine through ebay. new for $30 shippedd

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Superlux is defiantly doing something right hope they keep hiring those who step up to the plate and get fired. a great company with great reviews on their products. I have the HD661 and really like them as much as the 240 they sound like, anywho if anyone knows where i can buy the HD668B in the US please let me know?

for US, you can open this
Code:

Code:
[left]http://www.avlex.com/superlux/headphones.html[/left]

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 16
there are only descriptions there ^  I cannot find a shopping page

Jun 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #10 of 16
If you want to purchase them, I bought them off of Millennium Electronics & Music Center in Michigan. Their website doesn't currently take orders as they had the grand opening, but you can call them.. MillenniumEMC.com 248-250-9233

I just got a pair of the HD681 and the HD668B.. They both sound great, esp. the 668

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:

Yeah, you sell them. Nice try.

A few days ago, I ordered a set of Superlux HD-668B from a company called AudioHipster (also located in GA) which is suspiciously similar to the above poster.

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 16
Hi AudioHipster recording studios striving to keep Analog tape rolling and lots of outboard gear fired up even a stereo 140 plate....  just want to clear the air here...   in the studio I have went thru quite a few headphones over the years,  and in October 2009  I never heard of Superlux headphones (altho i did run across their ribbon mic) so I went on eBay and made an offer on a HD 681 pair of cans, (Thanks to the person in SC so kind to accept my offer) anywho I was very impressed I did a search for their products and heard some hoopla about HD-660 and a post about HD-668B,  so at the time I made the above post I was looking to buy the HD-660 and HD-668B for the studio, I emailed the rep in Flowery Branch Ga. and asked him where I could buy them. he gave me a # to a audio store  and they were real nice but were not familiar with Superlux but sell mostly Avlex Mipro wireless. needless to say I got tired of looking so I called the rep and said look I am having a hard time finding HD-660's, being a recording studio can I offer  these to my clients. so in November I applied for a resale license. This is something I would not have done if I did not use them myself and do research on the manufacture.  So please do not slander me as I wrote the above in search of quality headphones, and if I was just another rep as I find forums have their share of...  I would not use my URL AUDIOHIPSTER  I am a Starving recording studio trying to keep analog available and affordable to all musicians... and Yes I do this selling headphones and microphones and misc, as a dealer now. 
 As for the HD-681 cans they are better then my k240 56 ohm so I am selling them.... on eBay..  as for the HD-660 I bought all they had left about 2 cases, I kept 2 for the studio and they are history,  not available, I still have some 100 ohm HD330 and 440, just fyi.... now that the studio uses Superlux headphones the only pair of cans that I will keep are my old worn-out Sony 7506...  as for the HD-668B I will post some more testimonials on the AudioHipster pages...  some are in-depth. stay in touch... a good set of cans always makes me smile..... Doyen AudioHipster Recording

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #14 of 16
Hey Thanks for the concern...  But in October 2009 I was not a Superlux Dealer and HD-668B were not for sale in the US... (Gain got them at a show just like I recently got a R102MKII) I did not know that at the time, but and was looking for them because of the Gain post...  and my online search....  and trying the HD-681 and CM-H8A mic....  and my effortless search for finding the HD-660 was the last straw... I am a dealer now... www.AudioHipster.com  and it helps support the analog studio....    The 668B are for sale now and are getting great reviews... and really nice with a good headphone amp.    and the Hd-681.... wow rock.   AudioHipster Approved  

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #15 of 16
Yes, I bought a set of HD668Bs around a year ago from you. They are a great value! I really enjoy their sound signature. It is a lot of phone for the money. Very comfortable, very durable, nice accessories. Not very sealed, though. That would be my only complaint, albeit minor.

I hope your analog studio is doing well. IMHO, I don't think these phones would be a good monitor set. They definitely color the low end (a nice color, though), and are a touch edgy on the top end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back