Has anyone heard Citizen Steely Dan Boxset?
Dec 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Justin Uthadude

500+ Head-Fier
This appears to be a tasty 4 cd remaster compilation that's $35 now. Thinking about getting it. Just wondering if anyone has heard it and can comment if it's up to their usual high sound quality.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 6
yes, have it since it originally came out. Very well mastered.

The only complaint is that the track order is completely sequential across the four disks so only "cant buy a thrill" is contained on one CD. The rest are broken up across the set. For example Aja is split between disks 3&4

On the plus side it's got a couple of rarities including the song "fm" which otherwise is only on the soundtrack of the same name

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 6
I think its a decent set if you dont mind albums getting cut out in the middle. Steely Dan dont really flow from one song to another as such so its no big deal, but for completists its kinda annoying. Its very minimal in packaging and content however, so unless you want a "Box Set" as such, getting individual albums in the used market might even run cheaper.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 6
I dig it. Alas, it doesn't have Two Against Nature/Everything Must Go, but other than that, it has all the Steely Dan I need.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 6
On the plus side it's got a couple of rarities including the song "fm" which otherwise is only on the soundtrack of the same name[/QUOTE]

"FM" is also available on a few compilation albums/cds

1. Gold
2. A Decade of Steely Dan
3. The Very Best of Steely Dan
4. Showbiz Kids: The Steely Dan Story 1972-1980

Slim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back