Has anyone else seen this on Skullcandy's website?
Dec 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 12
lol, the hesh are sh1t. i've heard them and they were simply awful.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 12
I heard/read the Hesh2 are a lot better sounding than the original Hesh which was pure crap. The Hesh2 even measures pretty decently for a ~$50 can except for my taste the highs seems too rolled off:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SkullcandyHesh2.pdf

I reckon Tyll preferred these over XB500 as a "budget basshead" can. Skullcandy is actually trying to shape up sound quality wise. Hesh2, Aviators and Mix Masters Mike belong to the new line of more focused sound quality headphones, if you compare these 3 versus the other ones, there's a big difference in sound quality. I remember seeing a video interview where the new sound engineer said they had plans to scrap all the old versions in favor for bring out more high quality sounding options.

Not trying to defend Skullcandy but I hate to deal with people bashing a company who really tries to shape up bigtime and the people are uninformed so they bash based on their old products.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
I heard/read the Hesh2 are a lot better sounding than the original Hesh which was pure crap. The Hesh2 even measures pretty decently for a ~$50 can except for my taste the highs seems too rolled off:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SkullcandyHesh2.pdf

I reckon Tyll preferred these over XB500 as a "budget basshead" can. Skullcandy is actually trying to shape up sound quality wise. Hesh2, Aviators and Mix Masters Mike belong to the new line of more focused sound quality headphones, if you compare these 3 versus the other ones, there's a big difference in sound quality. I remember seeing a video interview where the new sound engineer said they had plans to scrap all the old versions in favor for bring out more high quality sounding options.

Not trying to defend Skullcandy but I hate to deal with people bashing a company who really tries to shape up bigtime and the people are uninformed so they bash based on their old products.

I'm not saying they aren't improving, but to make a claim such as this seems quite unreasonable. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 12
How exactly is this any different than Grado claiming they make "truly the world's finest headphones" on their website, or AKG claiming the Q701 is "flat out perfection"?

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 12
Maybe we are forgetting a bit Skullcandy are mostly aimed at mass consumer market?
Maybe they aren't they best sounding headphone you would find on head-fi for under $100
but off the shelf in a shop where headphones are literally something to make sound? i don't know.
i haven't heard them.
So maybe the claim is a little bit unreasonable.
but at least they aren't claiming to be the absolute headphone to end all headphones, like some?  
rolleyes.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 12
That's why I hate marketing, they always lie. That's how beats got great sales. If marketing was honest we would see better and better headphones instead of companies lying about better quality.

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

I'm not saying they aren't improving, but to make a claim such as this seems quite unreasonable. 

A lot people have made the same claim that RPgWIZARD made. Skull Candy's new CEO(forget his name) is supposedly really shaping up the company.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 12
The Grado part is irrelevant, the "truly the worlds finest headphones" is them quoting a review or something from a long time ago.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 12
This is the same as a pair of $10 computer speakers having "Dynamic Stereo Sound" on the front. Move along, nothing to see here I reckon.

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Well, I certainly hope he is. I'm sick of seeing people waste their money on something much too overpriced.

Yep the MixMaster Mike's are supposed to sound alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back