Has anyone dealt with AKG's Service Dept?
Oct 10, 2009 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

K_19

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has dealt with the AKG's Service Dept. before and how much they usually charge, how long they take to get back to you, and stuff like that. The reason why I ask is because this morning I found out that one side of the clear plastic band part of the headband assembly has broken off... meaning that the headband is now only hanging by a thread and probably just a matter of time before it snaps off completely.
angry_face.gif

I'd like to keep the headphones itself since it's already burned in and everything, so all I would like to do is get my headband replaced, BUT, get it replaced with the K601 headband if possible... since I've already cut the bumps off the K701 headband. Do you think they'll do it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: actually, I see how the headband is attached to the thicker silver plastic on the outside as well. That probably means the headband will stay intact, but... how will it effect the headband's mechanics if the thin clear plastic part on the inside snaps off? Would it be even worth fixing?

Users who are viewing this thread