Has anybody tried to remove the Sennheiser logo from the headband of the hd650s?
Jul 4, 2005 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

aaroncort

Banned
I want to remove the Sennheiser logo from the headband of my HD650's. Has anybody tried this with any degree of success. I find the logo to be a little on the corney side and am sure that there are people out there that feel the same way. Do you think that a low level solvent like a lighter fluid would also take off the metel-esque finish as well? Do you think a mineral spirit would work better like turpintine or substitute like turpinoid would work better? Thanks for all of your help! -Aaron.

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 16
Just use some metal polish and rub lightly with a soft damp cloth. It should come off with ease and allow the metallic finish to stay shiny as it is..Nail polish will often dull the layer that makes the plastic shine.

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 16
This has to win Head-fi's Most Unnecessary and Absurd Mod of the Year Award
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
This has to win Head-fi's Most Unnecessary and Absurd Mod of the Year Award
biggrin.gif

Here, here... wear them Loud And Proud
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsMadClown
Toothpaste can usually serve as a metal polish. I like Pepsodent. It's cheap.

Something tells me that toothpaste isn't going to remove the paint however.

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 16
just fill the lettering in with a Sharpie...

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 16
Are you aware that removing the Sennheiser logo reduces the bass and increases the 'veil' on those headphones?

It seriously affects the sound quality.

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #11 of 16
since this is now a joke thread and will never get an answer; I want to remove the senn logo because I've already glued on the groucho marx glasses with the fake nose and mustach and the logo really clashes with the squirting flower and green pokadotted oversized hoop clown pants. WAKA WAKA! AAAAHOOOGA

Jul 6, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 16
Remove it? I like the logo.. meh!

I dont really know how you can without damaging it.

Jul 6, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
I want to remove the Sennheiser logo from the headband of my HD650's. Has anybody tried this with any degree of success. I find the logo to be a little on the corney side and am sure that there are people out there that feel the same way. Do you think that a low level solvent like a lighter fluid would also take off the metel-esque finish as well? Do you think a mineral spirit would work better like turpintine or substitute like turpinoid would work better? Thanks for all of your help! -Aaron.

Uhm ... think twice
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
Remove it? I like the logo.. meh!

I dont really know how you can without damaging it.

I like it too. I'd wear Sennheiser underwear if they made it.

Also, the re-sale value would plummet... If I was forking cash for the 650's, I'd want one unbutchered and intact.

J

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 16
If you remove the logo they'll morph into a pair of Grado's, which is how I got my SR 225's. Took the logo off a pair of HD 595's and in the morning.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back