Has anybody lubed up
Sep 10, 2002 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dkm24

Head-Fier
I purchased a couple of old (never played) portables, a D25-s and a d303. Has anybody lubed the gears on these players. Mine seem to be making noise and I would like to lube them up. If anybody has experience I would like some feedback. thanx, doug

Sep 10, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by dkm24
I purchased a couple of old (never played) portables, a D25-s and a d303. Has anybody lubed the gears on these players. Mine seem to be making noise and I would like to lube them up. If anybody has experience I would like some feedback. thanx, doug

I wouldn't be too concerned, the older models had beefier motors and they make some noise. I've got two D-25S's and they work fine.

Sep 11, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Your D-25 should be pretty quiet. You can take the cover off of the D-25 without much trouble and check it (I don't know about the 303). If the grease looks like it has dried, get a tube of White Lithium Grease, clean off the old grease with a Q-tip and give it a LIGHT coat. You can find it locally at some Radio Shacks and electrical supply businesses.

I got mine from these guys and can recommend them:

http://www.action-electronics.com/caraudio.htm

My D25 was fine, but I got some for a tray on an old component CDP that wasn't opening right. Remember: get good coverage but use sparingly.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back