Has anybody built the Pete Millet K1000 amp yet?
Sep 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 10
Not yet. It's (yet) another one I have all the parts for. Every time I get close to putting some time into the assorted projects, the office starts throwing 80-90 hour weeks at me.
frown.gif

Someday, though. It looks like a terrific amp and the Sowter output transformers are good ones.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 10
^ Go to the DIY forum and get some names. Send them a PM asking the same thing, and you may get some idea and someone willing to build it for you.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Go to the DIY forum and get some names. Send them a PM asking the same thing, and you may get some idea and someone willing to build it for you.

Good idea. Thanks! I really can't believe the lack of interest in this amp considering the popularity of the K1000s around here.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 10
I've have build one. It was a project that took nearly a decade. The collection of the parts was the most time consuming. Building and testing took me about a year. The first casing i used was difficult for debugging so i made a second one from pine.
I have a nice hifi set from LINN (Wakonda and two LK100 amp) but the sound of my Millet amp with the K1000 beats it by far.
Sorry I can't upload any pictures yet because i'm new on the forum.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 10
I made a page with some photo's of my headphone amp for the AKG K1000 so you have a look. The first version of the amp was in a casing like the one Pete Millet build. A bad one for debugging. This one look more like the Bottlehead Crack.

http://members.home.nl/jolanda.hazen/headfi-org/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back