HARX 900 Setup?
Oct 29, 2008 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alai

500+ Head-Fier
I'm new to audio and these forums. I had purchased the HARX 900 and I was wondering if the Cmoy with an OP A2227 chip will do alright for powering the headphones while running through the Behringer MS40. I do not have any DAC besides the Berhinger MS40 and my onboard audio.

Would it be more beneficial to buy a cheap soundcard (~$100 max) or will do the Cmoy be fine itself through the Behringer MS40?

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 6
You probably want an amp to go with the MS40. I am sure the headphone out is not as good as a cmoy. Whether or not you are better off getting a sound card to go with it I don't know. My X-FI elite pro sure sounds amazing for the $100 I paid lol. Wish there were two so I could sell you one.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably want an amp to go with the MS40. I am sure the headphone out is not as good as a cmoy. Whether or not you are better off getting a sound card to go with it I don't know. My X-FI elite pro sure sounds amazing for the $100 I paid lol. Wish there were two so I could sell you one.

Me too...
frown.gif

Alrighty, looks like the Cmoy is the way to go.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How good can a 30.00 moy be?? Best bet would be a ZERO amp/dac.. Thats entry level for a combo.. But would satisfy most normal people.

$30? Hmm... Well, I certainly can't afford $100 on a Zero. And if I was to buy a Zero, I would most certainly prefer it fully upgraded rather than the basic. Which would cost alot more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back